Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-31-2014

United States of America

20 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 7

Yoga C930 Camera disappeared from Windows Device Manager (no longer available to use)

2019-03-09, 18:53 PM

The camera disappeared from the Windows 10 Device Manager. If Device Manager cannot "see" a device, then there's no way to use that device. I have tried reinstalling the camera device driver which I downloaded from the Lenovo support page. The camera still does not appear in Device Manager. If anyone knows of a better driver, please tell us.

My suspicion: I am betting that some recent Windows 10 update somehow conflicts with the Lenovo driver. But if my suspicion is correct, I'd imagine we'd see a flood of complaints.

How to load the Windows Device Manager:

1. Press the Windows key or touch the Windows Start "button."
  2. Type Device Manager and Windows will show you that app.
  3. Launch Device Manager.
Options

3671 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5618 Signins

63976 Page Views

• Views: 63976
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga C930 Camera disappeared from Windows Device Manager (no longer available to use)

2019-03-09, 20:40 PM

Windows update does, in fact, automatically set the privacy settings for the camera to disable it by default. You'll need to go into privacy settings to enable the camera even if it was working prior to the update. 

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-april-2018-update-how-to-change-camera-and-microphon...

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

1 Posts

03-14-2019

Germany

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 3 of 7

Re: Yoga C930 Camera disappeared from Windows Device Manager (no longer available to use)

2019-03-14, 9:30 AM

I have exactly the same problem with the camera in the (new!) Yoga C930. Suddenly, the camera stopped working and NOTHING helps. I have fully updated Windows, have updated Lenovo drivers, the BIOS, etc etc. And, yes, I know there is a camera slider and yes, i know that the privacy setting for camera has to be checked. 

And called Lenovo support and they basically could not help me either apart from "send laptop in to get repaired". This machine has already been repaired once (for a faulty Intel WiFi chip).

Any new ideas on how to fix the disappearing camera???

Options

3 Posts

03-03-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 4 of 7

Re:Yoga C930 Camera disappeared from Windows Device Manager (no longer available to use)

2020-03-03, 18:33 PM

I also have the same problem...and it's NOT a hardware issue since I can get the camera to work fine for a few minutes before it reverts back to "Camera not detected".

I have privacy settings set to enable camera access, camera slider open, drivers updated, BIOS updated.  Norton 360 AV SafeCam turned off.

Camera does not show in Device Manager...UNLESS I click on "view hidden devices", then it's there greyed-out.  Shows "Camera not connected to computer".

BUT, if I disconnect from power and do a hard shut-down by holding the power button down for a full 30 seconds, the Camera is fully functional after reboot but only for a few minutes.  And when I launch it after hard reboot, it launches in the Camera app, but flips back and forth a few times from functional to the black screen saying "Camera not detected" before settling in to the functional Camera state.

But after a few minutes of not using, it reverts back to Camera not Detected, and can't be reopened without hard restarting the computer again.

Clearly not a hardware issue since I can tweak it to work properly.  But multiple calls to Lenovo have been unable to resolve the situation.  They just want me to return the device to the factory to replace the camera...which I can't imagine will help since it works fine...under the right circumstances.  They just don't have the expertise to figure out what's actually wrong but they're willing to inconvenience me and compromise the factory-built configuration because it's their easiest solution.

I only have 3 weeks remaining on my warranty, and have sort of come to accept the fact that I have a premium priced laptop with a camera that the manufacturer can't figure out how to make it work.

Options

3671 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5618 Signins

63976 Page Views

• Views: 63976
  • Message 5 of 7

Re:Yoga C930 Camera disappeared from Windows Device Manager (no longer available to use)

2020-03-04, 15:02 PM

@BillJ-SK

Has this been happening the whole time or did it just start recently? 

I don't think you can 100% rule out the hardware, so I'd be inclined to take advantage of the remaining warranty - or even extend it before it runs out. 

Doc 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

1 Posts

03-28-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 7

2020-03-28, 1:42 AM

Hi. 

I also have same kind of problem here. does it have a way to fix it?

Options

2 Posts

11-05-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 7

2020-11-20, 2:58 AM

I'm having the same problem (camera appearing and disappearing -- not recognized by Windows) and want to create critical mass in this forum so someone will come up with a solution.  I've been on the phone with Microsoft, Lenovo and a computer repair shop.  The most likely solution -- according to them -- is a clean install of Windows 10.  What a hassle.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)