Options

3 Posts

05-31-2014

US

17 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga C930 Camera disappeared from Windows Device Manager (no longer available to use)

2019-03-09, 18:53 PM

The camera disappeared from the Windows 10 Device Manager. If Device Manager cannot "see" a device, then there's no way to use that device. I have tried reinstalling the camera device driver which I downloaded from the Lenovo support page. The camera still does not appear in Device Manager. If anyone knows of a better driver, please tell us.

My suspicion: I am betting that some recent Windows 10 update somehow conflicts with the Lenovo driver. But if my suspicion is correct, I'd imagine we'd see a flood of complaints.

How to load the Windows Device Manager:

1. Press the Windows key or touch the Windows Start "button."
  2. Type Device Manager and Windows will show you that app.
  3. Launch Device Manager.
Options

1702 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4444 Signins

42446 Page Views

• Views: 42446
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga C930 Camera disappeared from Windows Device Manager (no longer available to use)

2019-03-09, 20:40 PM

Windows update does, in fact, automatically set the privacy settings for the camera to disable it by default. You'll need to go into privacy settings to enable the camera even if it was working prior to the update. 

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-april-2018-update-how-to-change-camera-and-microphon...

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Options

1 Posts

03-14-2019

DE

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga C930 Camera disappeared from Windows Device Manager (no longer available to use)

2019-03-14, 9:30 AM

I have exactly the same problem with the camera in the (new!) Yoga C930. Suddenly, the camera stopped working and NOTHING helps. I have fully updated Windows, have updated Lenovo drivers, the BIOS, etc etc. And, yes, I know there is a camera slider and yes, i know that the privacy setting for camera has to be checked. 

And called Lenovo support and they basically could not help me either apart from "send laptop in to get repaired". This machine has already been repaired once (for a faulty Intel WiFi chip).

Any new ideas on how to fix the disappearing camera???

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save