Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bibleman
Paper Tape
Views: 432
Message 1 of 4

Yoga C930 Imprecise Touchpad

Today I recieved my new C930 laptop from Lenovo and right off the bat I knew that the touchpad felt bad.  

The main issue with it is the imprecise touchpad.  When trying to make small movements or adjustments the cursor on screen does not reflect the movement I am making on the touchpad.  The cursor either doesn't move at all, moves in a different manner than my hand, or jumps randomly.

Another major issue for me is trying to two finger click (right click).  Often times when I attempt the two finger click, it is registered as a single finger click resulting in a left click.  This problem doesn't seem to appear when I do a two finger TAP though.

There are other minor issues im experiencing, but they are so minor that I would be willing to just put up with it.

I've tried updating the HID-compliant touch pad and HID-compliant mouse drivers, but I am told that I have the latest drivers even though the driver versions are 10.0.17763.316 and 10.0.17763.1 respectively. (these drivers are from 2006)  I've also tried uninstalling these drivers and restarting my pc to download new drivers.

Anyways, any help to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Guru
Views: 400
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga C930 Imprecise Touchpad

Have you tried playing around with the Touchpad settings on Windows settings? The drivers are now handled by Microsoft, not the device manufacturer like it used to be, so all settings should be under Windows Settings.

If that still doesn't help, I would suggest requesting an RMA for replacement. It seems more like a faulty trackpad versus a software driver issues. I've been following the C930 on Lenovo Forums for quite some time, and haven't seen the trackpad as an issue yet, so I think it's just a one-off issue with your unit.

Since you just brought your laptop recently, you should be able to request a replacement through your Lenovo Order Visiblity Portal: https://tst-ovp.lenovo.com/lenovo-ovp-new/index.jsp

You can also contact Lenovo post-sales support at 1-855-253-6686.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

bibleman
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 3 of 4

I have tried every touchpad setting in Windows Setting.

Per your suggestion I will request an RMA.  Fingers crossed that the next one is working.

Thanks for the reply.

novizz
Paper Tape
Views: 240
Message 4 of 4

Hey bibleman, having the same issue. It would be nice if you could tell me, if the replacmenet fixed the problem? Thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors