Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swechsler
Fanfold Paper
Views: 178
Message 1 of 4

Yoga C930 Power consumption while in Windows 10 sleep mode

Brand new C930 here. I've discovered that with Windows 10, while in sleep (not hibernate) mode, I lose battery power at about 280 mAh/hour, per powercfg -batteryreport. This means that the battery is down about 10% from a full charge after a day of being asleep and unplugged. Is this normal? The system is pretty much in its default state, I haven't changed any UEFI settings.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 114
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga C930 Power consumption while in Windows 10 sleep mode

There are a number of things you can do to mitigate that, but then you lose the ability to charge devices from the USB port, wake the computer with a bluetooth or USB mouse or keyboard, have it wake to perform tasks, etc.

The easier fix is to hibernate for anything longer than an hour or just shut it down. I use sleep to move between offices, change planes or stop what I'm doing to handle a phone call. For anything else, I use hibernate. Today's devices boot up very quickly from scratch or from hibernate. The wake-up time between sleep and hibernate isn't that much, anymore. A few seconds, max.. You can even put a shortcut to hibernate on your desktop as I've done. Unless you NEED to be able to just tap the spacebar to wake the computer in the middle of the night or it NEEDS to run some automated midnight task (such as recording a TV show), use hibernate, instead. Just my $0.02.

Good article about it: https://www.howtogeek.com/128507/htg-explains-should-you-shut-down-sleep-or-hibernate-your-laptop/

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
swechsler
Fanfold Paper
Views: 111
Message 3 of 4

I appreciate the response but it's not what I was asking. I'm fully aware of hibernate mode (as I hoped would have been obvious by the fact that I mentioned it in my OP). What I wanted to know was if the amount of battery charge loss was what I should expect to see, or is there some sort of hardware issue?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 104
Message 4 of 4

Depending on what all you have enabled, 10% per day is nominal. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors