Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WojtasWWW
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 596
Message 1 of 5

Yoga C930: compatible hubs/docks + problem with Satechi

Hi there,

I the new owner of Yoga C930-13IKB. I've also bought USB-c dock/hub from Satechi (similar to this: https://satechi.net/collections/usb-type-c/products/type-c-multi-port-adapter-with-ethernet-v2, but +DisplayPort).

The Yoga/Windows 10 doesn't recognise it. I only hear the sound from Windows that something is connecting. That's all. 

I've tried another hub (Sandberg) - a pen drive connected thru it is visible in Windows, but HDMI doesn't work.

What WORKING hubs - non-Lenovo - do you know (Display Port is the most important)?

Or maybe there is a solution to start up the Satechi hub?

Administrator: subject changed to reflet correct product name

knappster
Punch Card
Views: 536
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga C930: compatible hubs/docks + problem with Satechi

Why non-lenovo?  I looked at a couple options, including plugable and they all seemed to have one compatibility issue or another.  I ended up getting the thinkpad dock and I am happy with it so far.  No SD card reader, but 2 displays, several usb ports, power, etc.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/C930-USB-C-hub-issues/m-p/4334540/highligh...

WojtasWWW
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 514
Message 3 of 5

Why not Lenovo? I think one reason only - the price.

Do you have a possibility to check if your dock allows sending a picture to external monitor more than 60 Hz?

knappster
Punch Card
Views: 500
Message 4 of 5

I will check tomorrow.  I think the monitors are rated for 75 Hz.  I will report back.

knappster
Punch Card
Views: 480
Message 5 of 5

I didnt get much time to investigate today but the 1st monitor was set to 59 hz and the 2nd to 75 hz.  60 hz was the max I could set the 1st monitor.  Both have displayport to hdmi adapters from the dock and hdmi cables to the monitors.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors