Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
multiplebaboons
Fanfold Paper
Views: 687
Message 1 of 3

Yoga C930 fan nonstop and speakers popping

Hi all,

I have a brand-new C930 here. It is an exchange and I know for a fact that the previous one didn't have any of these issues. This is pretty much out of the box, the only thing I did was install Intel's updated BT driver. The reason I did it was that the WiFi speed was way too low and I suspected interference with BT. After installing the driver, the issue went away immediately. Now, onto what's happening.

1. When starting or waking up from prolonged sleep, after logging in, when the system loads, the speakers produce a series of pops, sometimes five, sometimes four. I can record it, if needed. I know for a fact that the sound comes from the speakers, because when muted none of this happens. The unit came with Alexa installed for some reason (the previous one didn't have it), so I removed it -- no difference.

2. The fan runs pretty much nonstop without any CPU or GPU load. I loaded BIOS defaults -- no result.

here's some info: 

Device make:
YOGA C93013IKB

Product Number:
81C4

BIOS:
8GCN30WW

I am well within my two weeks to return to BestBuy, but if we can fix this, I'll be happy to keep it. Please help.

Thanks!

Highlighted
sj-monday
Punch Card
Views: 563
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga C930 fan nonstop and speakers popping

Hi there,

I can't address your speaker issue but I recently resolved the problem I was having with fan noise. Please see my post on this thread in case it helps you: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/C930-Fan-noise-is-very-high/m-p/4323404#M7...

Thanks,

Sam

multiplebaboons
Fanfold Paper
Views: 539
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga C930 fan nonstop and speakers popping

Hi there, and thanks for responding!

I already updated all of these with the exception of the battery (Celxpert) firmware update, because the zip file appears to be corrupt. Tried to download on several machines -- does not want to unzip using the built-in utility or 7-zip. It appears that others have complained about it as well on this forum. That said, I do think that it is mainly the BIOS update +  intelligent cooling setting that seem to do the trick for the fans.

The speakers popping noise remains an issue, and it is likely the Realtek sound adapter itself, because the same pop-pop-pop right goes into the headphones. Lenovo support just wants to do system restore, which seems like a drastic measure to me...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors