Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
u78l
What's DOS?
Views: 1,541
Message 1 of 7

Yoga C930 issue

Hello everyone! So after going back and forth which laptop i wanted i finally ended up getting a Yoga C930 which feels MUCH better compared to the 730 i had for about a day. The only concern i have for it right now is the fan noise is noticeable. I updated all of the drivers and did all of the windows updates, but it seems the fan is much more audible compared to the 730 i had. (I used the windows app and Driver Easy to do this) It's not entirely annoying but i do notice it. I also notice the laptop tends to get a bit warm. I know its only been a few hours but still its something i've noticed. 

This is the exact one i purchased from Best Buy

I've also noticed the Dolby Atmos Speaker System app apparently isn't compatible with my device? Also looking if anyone has recommendations on which usb c dongle to use so I can connect extra USB, display, and memory card reader? Some of the ones I’ve found on amazon don’t exclusively list if it works on the yoga c930

EDIT: Also does anyone know if the c930 is capable of eGpu?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,495
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga C930 issue

Hello u78l!

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Getting a loud fan could mean that the laptop is running in high performance due to a lot of programs running. If this is the case, that is normal. If you will set it to balanced or power saving mode, you will notice the fan to quiet down. 

Dolbe Atmos Speaker System is one of the features of Yoga C930 so it should be compatible. 

Yes, it is capable of eGPU because of its Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Kyosho
What's DOS?
Views: 722
Message 3 of 7

Hi.

I also got the Yoga C930 and it is performing very well but. I also think the fan noise is noticeable. Actually quiet loud most of the time. I have just been to an exam and the fan was running most of the time even though I only had documents and PDF's open. The fans are running most of the time even though the laptop is not hot on the outside at all. The best way for me until now is to use powersawing mode but I do not think it should be necessary as long as the computer is not hot. Compared to my old notebook from Samsung I think there must be something wrong with the settings of when the fans should be running.

Will there be an update of the settings from Lenovo, or can I update the settings in for example BIOS?

Best regards

Mads

Guru
Views: 712
Message 4 of 7

The fans run for a reason. Best to first check Task Manager to see what's tasking the CPU. Could be a stuck installation program, an anti-virus program that insists on scanning at boot-up, Windows Update, cloud services syncronization or something else.  Make sure the computer's doing nothing else before tweaking any BIOS settings.

Use Lenovo Vantage to update drivers and BIOS. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Maugha
SCSI Port
Views: 689
Message 5 of 7

What doctordon said--but to add, you can check the task manager to see exactly what is running simply by doing a control, alt, delete. If you see items on there that YOU are not using, just hit end task, but then you will know what the problem is.
Kyosho
What's DOS?
Views: 661
Message 6 of 7

Hi.

Thanks for quick response.

Attached is an example of my job list sorted by CPU-usage right now. The fan is still running even though my notebook is not hot at all. The power manage is set to "medium".

I have used Lenovo Vantage to update drivers etc.

Br. Mads

multiplebaboons
Fanfold Paper
Views: 393
Message 7 of 7

Can someone post their Win10 build here? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors