cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
user327951438
Paper Tape
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-06-2019
Location: US
Views: 666
Message 1 of 2

Yoga C930 laptop - multiple issues

Im having issues with the following for my new laptop:

 

-when watching some videos on netflix, for example, the contrast of the screen changes almost as if the tv scene has a flickering light turning on and off repeatedly

-speakers make static, pop sound and the volume needs to be at 100 just to hear something

-in power options, there is no option to switch from balanced to performance. the only option is balanced

 

Would appreciate help to fix these issues or know if others are having the same issue!

 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Posts: 1,536
Registered: ‎12-13-2016
Location: US
Views: 619
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga C930 laptop - multiple issues

I'd start by using Lenovo Vantage to update all of your drivers and BIOS. Let's make sure everything's up to date first.

 


@user327951438 wrote:

 

-when watching some videos on netflix, for example, the contrast of the screen changes almost as if the tv scene has a flickering light turning on and off repeatedly

This could be Windows "adaptive brightness" which you could try turning off. Ditto adaptive contrast, though that can be a little more difficult. Here's another link on that.

 


@user327951438 wrote:

 

-speakers make static, pop sound and the volume needs to be at 100 just to hear something 


Is the speaker issue across all apps?  Updating the drivers could solve that, as well.

 


@user327951438 wrote:

 

-in power options, there is no option to switch from balanced to performance. the only option is balanced

 


You have to create your own power plans to switch to.


____________________________________
I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors