Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user327951438
Paper Tape
Views: 666
Message 1 of 2

Yoga C930 laptop - multiple issues

Im having issues with the following for my new laptop:

-when watching some videos on netflix, for example, the contrast of the screen changes almost as if the tv scene has a flickering light turning on and off repeatedly

-speakers make static, pop sound and the volume needs to be at 100 just to hear something

-in power options, there is no option to switch from balanced to performance. the only option is balanced

Would appreciate help to fix these issues or know if others are having the same issue!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 619
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga C930 laptop - multiple issues

I'd start by using Lenovo Vantage to update all of your drivers and BIOS. Let's make sure everything's up to date first.

@user327951438 wrote:

-when watching some videos on netflix, for example, the contrast of the screen changes almost as if the tv scene has a flickering light turning on and off repeatedly

This could be Windows "adaptive brightness" which you could try turning off. Ditto adaptive contrast, though that can be a little more difficult. Here's another link on that.

@user327951438 wrote:

-speakers make static, pop sound and the volume needs to be at 100 just to hear something 

Is the speaker issue across all apps?  Updating the drivers could solve that, as well.

@user327951438 wrote:

-in power options, there is no option to switch from balanced to performance. the only option is balanced

You have to create your own power plans to switch to.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors