Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muixca
Paper Tape
Views: 1,894
Message 1 of 16

Yoga C930 - pen not charging

Greetings,

the docked pen is not charging. It was about 60% charged out of the box but obviously ended up empty a couple of days later... I updated all kind of drivers but to no avail. Thing refuses to charge.

Any suggestions?

THX

mx

JonLen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,347
Message 2 of 16

Re: Yoga C930 - pen not charging

Same problme

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 1,339
Message 3 of 16

I might had the same problem with my ex-C930. I thought it were due to defective screen. Didn't check battery life of the pen as it was inside the machine 99.9% of the time.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,326
Message 4 of 16

Hi all!

Welcome to the community forums. 

This seems to be a battery issue of the pen. Please contact your local Lenovo support for replacement pen. You may use this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6

Just enter the serial number of the laptop and choose your location accordingly. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 1,218
Message 5 of 16

Hi, how do I check the battery life of the included pen? I just got my new Yoga C930. How do I know if I need to get a replacement from Lenovo?

Hazmatic
What's DOS?
Views: 221
Message 6 of 16

I am now also having this issue. I contacted Lenovo, who were very good about sending me a new pen, but that didn't fix the issue. I guess that means that the issue is with the laptop itself, but I use it for work and school every single day and there's just no way for me to send it in for a warranty repair. The pen worked great for the first 3-4 months, then it stopped charging. I tried to look inside the pen "garage" to see if something was broken. It looks like *maybe* one of the tiny copper bit that are supposed to make contact with the pen is shorter than the other one, but it's hard to tell. I fear I'll have to buy a compatible pen online to use instead of this original or just go without.

It's too bad. Everything else about this laptop has been great. Battery, speed, keyboard, SOUND... all good. Just this darn pen. :-\

bmahoney
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 7 of 16

Did this resolve itself, or did you return the laptop or get it repaired? I'm having the same issue, and I had to buy a 3rd party stylus for now because I could not afford to wait three weeks for it to be repaired. 

Do you think it's even worth going down this route? If the contacts missing is a defect, won't it just happen again? Then what's the point of replacing it if it's just gonna happen again, right? 

Hazmatic
What's DOS?
Views: 139
Message 8 of 16

I'm with you. If I want to continue having use of a pen, I'll have to buy one third-party. I use this laptop for school and work every single day. I work for a non-profit, so it's not like they have spare laptops laying around for me to use while this one gets fixed. 

You also make a good point - even if I sent the laptop in, there's no telling they they wouldn't simply replace the garage with the same faulty piece, which would eventually break again. Oh, I forgot to mention - one of the contacts is definitely broken. I can see now that it is notably shorter and appears to be missing a bit. 

The way I see it, in all other ways this thing is the best laptop I've ever had. It never slows down, the battery life is great, and that sound bar! It often draws attention and it's been my constant companion for six months now. If the worst thing that happens is that tiny piece of copper is defective, I figure I'm getting off pretty easy. Would I have bought the laptop if it didn't come with a pen in the first place? I think it's likely. 

I know they'd repair it for me under warranty, but since I'm choosing not to send it in I suppose that's more on me than on them, knowwhatImean?

bmahoney
Paper Tape
Views: 95
Message 9 of 16

See that's where you and I differ. This laptop is nice, yes, but I bought it mostly because of the included pen. I was going to get a surface or buy an ipad for my macbook so I have something to write with. I use it to write my notes in class every day, and not having that functionality really kills the purpose of the computer. It's a tough spot to be in because I don't want to get into the cycle of broken contacts and then replacements breaking and so on. 

I'm not super sure what I should end up doing.

Hazmatic
What's DOS?
Views: 75
Message 10 of 16

I hear ya. Did the third party pen work out well?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors