Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmoy157
Paper Tape
Views: 1,027
Message 1 of 7

Yoga C930: pen only half charging

I just purchased a Lenovo Yoga C930, and the Pen doesn't charge in the dock unless I push the pen all the way to the bottom of the dock (and only if I'm putting the pen in, not taking it out), and even then it only charges up to 50%.

The battery lasts a while after I do this, and it takes 15 seconds for the battery to charge from 6% to 50%.

The charging contacts on the Pen itself seem straight and fine. 

The first day I used the pen, I used it heavily for a few hours and did not encounter a problem. 

Any suggestions? Is this most likely a problem with the Pen or with the laptop itself?

McGilli
802.11n
Views: 985
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga c930: Pen only half charging

The Lenovo Yoga Book c930 does not have a charging dock for the pen. I believe you are in the wrong forum. Good luck.

Highlighted
Peter3Skidoos
What's DOS?
Views: 772
Message 3 of 7

Re: Yoga C930: pen only half charging

I am having a smilar issue. Lenovo sent me a replacement pen. It initiall charged to 25% and now show 6% and not charging.

EliDave
What's DOS?
Views: 158
Message 4 of 7

@McGilli wrote:

The Lenovo Yoga Book c930 does not have a charging dock for the pen. I believe you are in the wrong forum. Good luck.

Yes, it does.

Kind of silly to go out of your way to be dismissive and make claims that are disproven with 5 seconds on Google: 

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/yoga/yoga-900-series/Yoga-C930-13IKB/p/88YGC900982

For anyone else who finds this thread, I'm having the same issue and Lenovo support has given an official response on another thread.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 147
Message 5 of 7

All, this is a Yoga C930 thread  - and Yoga Notebook (laptop) forum.

The Yoga Book C930 forum is over here:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Book-C930/bd-p/lt07_en

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

EliDave
What's DOS?
Views: 143
Message 6 of 7

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

The Yoga Book C930 forum is over here:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Book-C930/bd-p/lt07_en

Z.

How the heck is anyone supposed to know the difference between the naming conventions when Lenovo doesn't even use them on the official product pages?

Check the product page link I posted above. The word "book" doesn't appear a single time. 

Either way, I was only commenting to leave a link to where the question was previously addressed. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 141
Message 7 of 7

@EliDave wrote:

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

Z.

How the heck is anyone supposed to know the difference between the naming conventions when Lenovo doesn't even use them on the official product pages?

Check the product page link I posted above. The word "book" doesn't appear a single time. 

Either way, I was only commenting to leave a link to where the question was previously addressed. 

That's my point.  There is no reason for "book" to appear in the page you linked, since it isn't for a Yoga Book, it's for a Yoga.  The other member's post - that you took exception to - was in re a Yoga Book.  It didn't belong here.  That's the source of the confusion - that and Lenovo's choice in product naming...

My post was to try to head off any further confusion - and argument - based on  the confusion of names. Guess I failed Smiley Sad

[edit to add] My guess is that based on the comment re no pen dock is that this thread was moved here from the Yoga Book forum, unfortunately w/out that annotation.  Further adding to the muddle.  The post you took exception to may well have been entirely appropriate before the thread was moved.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors