Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w64bit
Paper Tape
Views: 1,626
Message 1 of 7

Yoga C930 - power questions

Yoga C930 can be powered using one of the USB type-C port using the provided 65W adapter.

1. If I plug in the adapter cord in the other USB type-C port (which is not made to be used as power port) what happens?

2. Can I use a Lenovo USB type-C 45W adapter with C930?

Thank you

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,587
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga C930 - power questions

1. Nothing. USB-C ports are allegedly "smart" in that they know what's connected them and how to react. 

2. Other than charging speed, no big deal. I interchange USB-C chargers all the time. Only the USB-C phone chargers aren't of much use. 5V just doesn't get the job done. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
shlokgoel04
What's DOS?
Views: 1,314
Message 3 of 7

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga c930 last week and it got delivered today. I have been experiencing issues with the sleep and power options. As soon as I click the button to eject the pen, the laptop goes into sleep mode where I have to sign in again. The situation gets worse because sometimes the laptop would shut down randomly when the pen is ejected out or it is inserted back into the laptop. Does anyone have a solution for this issue or anyone faced a similar issue? 

multiplebaboons
Fanfold Paper
Views: 790
Message 4 of 7

I think i know the answer to your question. The pen has nothing to do with the sleep mode. What happens instead is that the location of the power button is rather idiotic and you accidentally press it while putting the pen in. 

ereze1
What's DOS?
Views: 93
Message 5 of 7

Hi 

Did you try the fast charging wall charger of the galaxy s8? is it useless as well?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 75
Message 6 of 7

@ereze1 wrote:

Hi 

Did you try the fast charging wall charger of the galaxy s8? is it useless as well?

That's also just a 5v charger. It might work, but not nearly as fast as one that'll do higher voltages.  

Note: any charger with USB-A ports will only supply 5v. SOME chargers with USB-C ports may supply higher voltages, but you'd need to look at the specs. I've seen some that do 5v and 12v. If you connect a 12v charger to a computer that's looking for 19v, it'll fall back to 5v and likely nothing or not much will happen. The best ones will have a hard-wired USB-C cable and list several voltages including one that matches the spec of the laptop. Even then, it's possible a third-party charger is only compatible with a few brands.  Best to use Lenovo chargers. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
ereze1
What's DOS?
Views: 67
Message 7 of 7

Thank you 

This was very helpful 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors