Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-16-2021

Germany

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 7

Yoga C940 15" with Windows 10 no auto screen rotation and keyboard deactivation

2021-07-16, 19:39 PM

Hi,

I hope that some of the community can help me with the problem.

My Yoga has no auto rotation and keyboard deactivation.

I use a normal Windows 10 and Lenovo Service Bridge and Think Vantage told me that everything is fine.

Was playing around with this information but couldn't bring it to work.

Rotation Lock / Rotation Sensor Not Working (Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1) - Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com)

Can anyone help me?

Btw... It's no option o talk to the Support because it seems like there are just asking questions like do you do a factory reset or so.

The Windows is a Company Windows 10 Image what should no make a difference.

Yes, It works with the Factory Image but that's really not helping me.

Best regards,

Stephan

Options

4448 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

356 Signins

33922 Page Views

• Views: 33922
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Yoga C940 15" with Windows 10 no auto screen rotation and keyboard deactivation

2021-07-16, 21:26 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ Malli123456!

Glad to have you posting here!

What exactly happens when you try to use the auto rotation feature on your Yoga C940 laptop?

Are you getting any messages or errors upon attempting to use it?

Please check page 15 of your Yoga C940's User Guide to see the steps on how you can turn on the screen rotation lock as well as using the Windows touch keyboard.

Also, please share here your machine's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications.

It can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its original packaging and does usually have a format of 8********R as an example.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

4 Posts

07-16-2021

Germany

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

Re:Yoga C940 15" with Windows 10 no auto screen rotation and keyboard deactivation

2021-07-19, 6:38 AM

Hi Adriel,

thank you for your answer. I know the manual and it looks like the orientation sensor is not working correctly.

If I got an error message or so I had posted it here. It's just not flipping the screen in any Yoga mode.

My MTM is: 81TE000GGE

Sorry for my late response!

See ya,

Stephan

Options

4448 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

356 Signins

33922 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-07-19, 13:35 PM

Thanks for providing your device's details @ Malli123456!

Please try updating your Yoga C940's BIOS, Intel Chipset and Yoga Mode Control Application drivers.

Once done, restart the Yoga C940 laptop then test the auto screen rotation feature again.

Aside from that, check if there's an available Windows OS update to your machine and download/install it.

You may also load the BIOS settings into defaults by pressing F9 or FN + F9 then highlight/select YES followed by F10 or FN + F10 then highlight/select YES again to save the changes & exit.

BIOS Setup can be accessed by pressing the Novo button hole that's located underneath the device.

Make sure that the Yoga C940 is OFF first before pressing.

Also, please check on this link for other troubleshooting steps that can be done towards this issue.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

<

Options

4 Posts

07-16-2021

Germany

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-07-21, 6:48 AM

Hi Adriel,

sorry for my late response. You may hear about the Flood disaster in Germany. :-(

Like I expect non of your recommendations helps to solve the problem.

What can I do now? Once again, it is no option to use the factory image!

Someone at Lenovo should know what they developed there and tell me what I have to change to my system.

Best regards,

Stephan

Options

4448 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

356 Signins

33922 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-07-21, 16:28 PM

@ Malli123456 wrote:

Hi Adriel,

sorry for my late response. You may hear about the Flood disaster in Germany. :-(

Like I expect non of your recommendations helps to solve the problem.

What can I do now? Once again, it is no option to use the factory image!

Someone at Lenovo should know what they developed there and tell me what I have to change to my system.

Best regards,

Stephan

Hello @ Malli123456!

Thanks for responding!

Please click on this link to see the steps on how you can use the Lenovo Digital Download Recovery Service or DDRS in order to reinstall Windows on your device.

Make sure to backup your files first to avoid data loss.

However, should you get the same result, it would be advisable to get in touch with our Lenovo phone/technical support for further recommendations towards this especially if there's a possible hardware concern that would require repairs for it to work properly again.

Please click on this link to get their contact details and provide them the Yoga C940's serial number so that they can also check its warranty entitlement.

Aside from that, you may also check with any local service providers near your area as well if the device's already out of warranty.

Make sure to contact them first to inquire about their store's policy when it comes to repairing out of warranty devices.

Stay safe!

Regards,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

<

Options

4 Posts

07-16-2021

Germany

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-07-22, 6:45 AM

Wow, you completely ignore what I told you before.

It is a company Image (Default Windows 10 Enterprise) and my device will be no longer compliant with the Lenovo image.

When I tested it with the Lenovo Image it works but I'm looking for a way to get it up and running with a native Windows installation.

So, what I understand out of this conversation is that no one at Lenovo can tell me how their own software is working.

At the point where I need to reset to factory defaults, we can close the Issue because I can not do this.

Thank you that you try it.

Best regards,

Stephan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms