Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-06-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga C940 15IRH won't start - but runs fans briefly

2020-08-06, 2:38 AM

Hi all, first and foremost thank you for reading this.

So I tried to start my laptop as usual today, but I noticed the screen wouldnt turn on. I can hear the fans briefly turning on when I hold down the power button, but they shut back off after 3 seconds.

Also the keyboard lights turn on briefly with the fans, but quickly turn back off once the fans turn off, with the exception of the Capslock key light.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Options

170 Posts

04-26-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

150 Signins

1035 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1035
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Yoga C940 15IRH won't start - but runs fans briefly

2020-08-06, 7:05 AM

Try pressing the "novo" button on the bottom. It then may boot to allow various options.

Options

2 Posts

07-27-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-09, 0:50 AM

Hi, Did you get this issue resolved? I have the same issue with my laptop. I have taken it to Computer repair center and initially they said the motherboard need to replace. But after replacing new mother board also it didn't work. So they are not able to figure out the issue yet. If you find the solution please let me know. Thanks in advance. 

Options

4 Posts

03-21-2015

Alexandria, LA

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-09, 2:02 AM

I'm having the same issue.  I just chatted with a support person that recommended doing a factory reset.  I don't think it is a motherboard issue.  On my machine, the Lenovo logo appears then goes to a blank screen.  I can watch it and tell when it will start correctly.  If the circle with the dots appears under the logo, it will boot.  If not, I have to hold the power button to cut it off and try to start it again.  I believe it is some firmware that tries to install again after every Windows build.  Since I'm an Insider, this is an almost weekly issue.  It is also annoying that firmware will not install on the battery like a Microsoft Surface does.  You aren't warned ahead of time that you need to plug in for something to install.  You just have a very tiny message at the top that something needed to install, and you should have plugged in the device.  There should be a notice when you are shutting down that something needs to install and requires the device being plugged in.  I have not been able to use Lenovo Vantage to find it and install on demand either.  This whole process is extremely inefficient.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms