Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treaty
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,462
Message 1 of 15

Yoga C940 Bluetooth problems

Anyone else having problems with Bluetooth on their new Yoga c940 14"?  Most of the time, other devices I've placed in pairing mode fail to show up in Windows 10 when I attempt to pair them.  On occasion, they will randomly appear, but I've not been able to successfully pair the laptop with any Bluetooth devices yet.

Wondering if this is a known issue - or if I just got a bad chip.

Lenovo Employee michaelli1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,384
Message 2 of 15

Re: Yoga C940 Bluetooth problems

Hi Treaty,
Maybe you can update your Bluetooth driver or uninstall the driver and reinstall again
treaty
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,329
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for chiming in.  Yes, I reinstalled the latest BT driver.  I also performed all the current Win 10 updates.  Still same problem.  I'm able to pair to SOME bluetooth devices just fine.  But my Sony WH1000xm2 headphones still have problems.  I was able to successfully get them to show up and pair once, but they quickly lost thier connection.  These same headphones have no problem pairing and staying connected to any other BT device I have.

c940NuBee
Paper Tape
Views: 1,153
Message 4 of 15

Hi. I only have a UE Boom and it paired and worked just fine.

Zak5
What's DOS?
Views: 961
Message 5 of 15

I am also having bluetooth issues. I got my headphones to pair and then they continually connected and disconnected. The same thing happened when I paired my phone and after a restart neither of the devices would connect at all but still showed as paired. I tried re installing the drivers numerous times with no luck.

treaty
Fanfold Paper
Views: 924
Message 6 of 15

Hey Zak5 - which wifi chip do you have in your laptop?  Did you get the WiFi 5 (802.11ac) or the WiFi 6 (802.11ax)?

I think the bluetooth is on the wifi chip, and I'm wondering if this problem is with the newer wifi 6 chips only.

Zak5
What's DOS?
Views: 853
Message 7 of 15

I've got the wifi 6 chip.
treaty
Fanfold Paper
Views: 823
Message 8 of 15

Ditto.  After working with Lenovo support, they suggested I try to take the laptop back and exchange it.  I'm going to try to take my headphones to Best buy and see if I can get anything to pair with their floor demo model, and ask for an exchange only of absolutely necessary.  I have a sneaking suspicion the issue is related to the wifi 6 chips and not just mine.

treaty
Fanfold Paper
Views: 795
Message 9 of 15

Well I went to best buy today and tested the bluetooth on the c940 floor model with the AX wifi 6 chip and it worked fine.  Recognized all the bluetooth devices in the store as well as my person headphones with no problem.  They said they would replace laptop.

Cedric77
Paper Tape
Views: 645
Message 10 of 15

I have a yoga S740, intel 10th, everything was fine. I had received 3 days ago a mouse logitech M590 bluetooth. Bluetooth working perfectly. and now no more bluetooth logo, no bluetooth anywhere. I just reinstalled windows, I looked in the bios, drivers etc...

This laptop don't have bluetooth anymore ! **bleep**

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors