Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

11-02-2019

Netherlands

18 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 11 of 19

Re: Yoga C940 FHD/ UHD Real Life Battery Life

2019-11-13, 7:29 AM

In Intel Graphics Command Centre (store app) Under System (4th item) select Power (4th Tab). My SB2 shows full and customizeable details of power management below the battery info. On C940 there's battery info and nothing else.

Possibly due to manually updating to Intel 7372 drivers (or other tinkering) but I doubt it. I've seen numerous mentions of Lenovo blocking standard features. 

Options

1 Posts

11-15-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 12 of 19

2019-11-15, 20:55 PM

I have also purchased the 15 inch C940 and am also very disappointed with the battery life.
Also the nVIDIA Driver won't update (yes I made all other updates!).

The pen is lagging and too small.

Then I contacted the support about the battery life and the nvidia driver, they said in the new windows version it will work. It doesn't.

For the battery life it should install some lenovo optimization software, which completely crashed my computer, had to restore from recovery program, nothing you want to do with a brand new flag ship laptop.

Seems Lenovo did not do their homework on this.

I will have to return the laptop I am afraid.

Options

11 Posts

11-14-2019

Germany

10 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 13 of 19

2019-11-20, 19:45 PM

I had similar experiences with my Lenovo S740 (14" UHD, Geforce MX250) and was disappointed with my device at first, too. The fan turned on almost anytime, and battery life ended at approx. 4 hours of use.

Then I got that Windows feature update 1909 - I guess, everything´s fine now. Please have a look at this thread, I´m now working for 2,5 hours on my device with 75 % battery life left. And the fan is now silent while browsing / office etc.

I guess there were some driver problems oder with the new Intel Ice Lake architecture / chipset, that are now fixed thanks to the update. I have no other explanation for this. I´m pretty sure this could highly improve the battery performance on the C940 as well.

Options

2 Posts

11-28-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 14 of 19

2019-11-28, 17:27 PM

I'm getting about the same (5 to 6 hours battery life), with a new C940 (14IIL)12GB RAM FHD. Only been using for light browsing but have had it syncronizing with my OneDrive account (hoping it will get better when it stops syncing). No problems with excessive heat or fan noise, if anything it is running remarkably cool.

Pretty disssapointed with the battery life so far, I went with the FHD model specifically for all day battery life.....

Options

25 Posts

08-06-2015

Germany

61 Signins

410 Page Views

• Views: 410
  • Message 15 of 19

2019-11-29, 6:56 AM

Forget about whole day .. thy lie so hard. But you should get arround 6:30 with low brightness and everything turned down. But thats a max.., 17 h my arse !

Options

61 Posts

11-26-2019

Denmark

81 Signins

492 Page Views

• Views: 492
  • Message 16 of 19

2019-12-04, 18:21 PM

I have a C940 14" FHD, 16 GB ram, 512 GB SSD, updated to recent windows 1909. I dont hear the fans normally, only during charging and updates - and when doing heavy processing. Normal surfing, using word/excel/outlook and file explorer dont fire up the fans. CPU usage on idle load is 1-2 % (i have kaspersky and synology sync client installed). What i do get is high CPU temperature spikes up to 97 degC when doing video processing, only occasional PCU temp spikes to 85 degC (or in that range but below op degC). I normally set screen brightness as the lowes value as this is wnough for my usage (auto brughtness regulates the rest) Battery life is actually great, using the laptop for surfing and MS office usage gives me more than a full day. So im actually really happy with the device as it it now. 

regards Nolan

Options

3 Posts

12-14-2019

Russian Federation

4 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 17 of 19

2019-12-14, 7:15 AM

thanks Nolan.

I have also 14" FHD model, with i5-1035 though, but my numbers are completely different from yours. 4 to 6 hours of battery life while browsing + google docs. Battery report estimates the same. no idea what's up with my machine. no fans normally, windows mode is set to 'better battery', FN+Q to quite & cool, but discharge rate is really worrying.

also, i dont see where you guys see auto-brightness - i dont think it works on my laptop? where's the sensor? where can i check if it is on or off?

Options

61 Posts

11-26-2019

Denmark

81 Signins

492 Page Views

• Message 18 of 19

2019-12-15, 8:08 AM
i did the following (dont know if it helps on your battery drain though but maybe worth a try):
1 i clicked "battery" on the toolbar and from there "battery settings" from there you can click a link to see what apps uses your battery. I disabled battery back ground usage for all with a significant battery usage except mail app etc that must run in the background
2. i set wifi to shut off while on sleep mode ( i dont need this during sleep mode anyway)
3. i use edge for browsing
4. i turned screen brightness down to minimum (not to save battery but because it was way to bright for my normal usage anyway) it still was to bright so i searched for "intel" and from this app i can reduce brightness of the monitor further to suit a adequate level for my use.
Cpu usage is 1-2 % during idle (Ctrl+shift+esc)

Btw, i cant find auto brightness either but its working (automatically i guess) because i can see the screen brightness go up and down if i turn on/off a bright light source near the screen

I wonder if you see the high cpu spike temperatures when processor id under heavy load and eg during start up of the pc (by using hwinfo enabling sensor reading during app start, you can see the max temperature. Further ii wonder what your battery wear is, you can see that in hwinfo too (at the bottom of the app)

regards Nolan
Options

61 Posts

11-26-2019

Denmark

81 Signins

492 Page Views

• Message 19 of 19

2019-12-19, 11:24 AM
Hi Paralloid,

could you help me out woth a few infos (we have the same PC)

1. I wonder if you see the high cpu spike temperatures when processor id under heavy load and eg during start up of the pc (by using hwinfo enabling sensor reading during app start, you can see the max temperature.

2. Further ii wonder what your battery wear is, you can see that in hwinfo too (at the bottom of the app). Mine is after 5 weeks reduced with 11 % which i think is way to much)

thanks

regards Nolan
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms