Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-03-2019

United States of America

8 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 21 of 25

Re:Yoga C940 Overheating in Sleep Mode

2021-02-23, 7:03 AM

@stsh That warranty bit is just being optimistic. I'm sure it works in some countries; where I'm from, this has user error plastered all over it.

Options

6 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 22 of 25

2021-02-23, 16:32 PM

@ woodsielord wrote:

@stsh That warranty bit is just being optimistic. I' sure it works in some countries; where I' from, this has user error plastered all over it.

I think we're in the same country and It is a bit optimistic, but what choice do we have unless lenovo decides to add the s3 sleep mode back to their firmware? You simply have no way to control modern sleep. All of these registry "fixes" and powercfg commands don't do a thing to it. All you can do with it is disable it and have no standby mode at all. 

Options

30 Posts

02-02-2014

Canada

48 Signins

318 Page Views

• Views: 318
  • Message 23 of 25

2021-02-24, 2:33 AM

@ stsh wrote:

@ woodsielord wrote:

@stsh That warranty bit is just being optimistic. I' sure it works in some countries; where I' from, this has user error plastered all over it.

I think we' in the same country and It is a bit optimistic, but what choice do we have unless lenovo decides to add the s3 sleep mode back to their firmware? You simply have no way to control modern sleep. All of these registry "fixes" and powercfg commands don' do a thing to it. All you can do with it is disable it and have no standby mode at all. 

Using the registry edit I posted restores S3 when it disables S0 on my 15" C940 9750h, no problem. Wakes up from sleep a little slower but that's about it.

Options

6 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 24 of 25

2021-02-24, 2:58 AM
nice. must be the difference in hardware. on mine powecfg shows just hibernation and everything else not supported by firmware regardless of the s0 state.
Options

1 Posts

03-04-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 25 of 25

2021-03-04, 22:41 PM

I've had this problem with two different 940's, what I've found is that if I turn off intelligent cooling, it seems to solve the problem. I've had my current unit for months and recently did the firmware update. After the update it happened again and on reboot I checked and found that intelligent cooling was on again. Recently it did it another time and on checking intelligent cooling was once again on (don't know how that happened). So I've had this laptop for several months without it happening and in the last week it happened twice and both times intelligent cooling had been switched on.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms