Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarysaH
Paper Tape
Views: 288
Message 1 of 3

Yoga Flex 6-14IKB New screen..Now having issues with pen/touchscreen

So, my screen cracked and i sent my laptop to squaretrade, who fixed it. I just got it back and was hoping to draw, but my pen wont work on my screen. I downloaded the most recent driver i could find and restarted my laptop and still, no progress. Restarting wacom services also doesnt do anything. In dveice manager, i cant even find wacom listed anywhere.

To add onto that, when i touch the screen, its saying my touch is not where it actually is. Its locating my touch as about an inch to the left, and half an inch up from where my finger actually is. 

finger.png

Im pretty sure my drivers are all up to date, i updated my laptop a while ago to see if that fixed the issue. It seems like they replaced my screen with the right one too. When i first turned on my laptop after getting it, it seemed like the technician had downloaded some files onto my computer, and i assume they were drivers. The folder and files are shown in the screenshot. didnt know if maybe he installed one of these and it was somehow messing with my touchscreen. 

files.PNG

completely lost. unsure what the issue is, and have no idea where to ask for help, so here I am.

My laptop is a Lenovo yoga/ideapad flex 6-14IKB, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 244
Message 2 of 3

Re:Yoga Flex 6-14IKB New screen..Now having issues with pen/touchscreen

Hi MarysaH!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Did the repair center replace the entire LCD panel or did they just replace the cracked part of the LCD? The Digitizer is the one that controls touch functions on the LCD Display and if that was not replaced you will run into issues like the one in the photo you have attached. We recommend taking it back to the repair center for additional reference here is the part number for the LCD 5D10R03188.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
MarysaH
Paper Tape
Views: 205
Message 3 of 3

Re: Re:Yoga Flex 6-14IKB New screen..Now having issues with pen/touchscreen

Since the repair center isnt close by, I called them and they tried to look at my drivers/etc through GoToAssist but she was unable to find any problems. I told her that you suggested it was the digitzer and she searched some and finally agreed this was the problem and to ship it so they could check it out and fix it. Hopefully this is the issue and it can get fixed. Thanks so much for your help!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors