Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZacMatic
Punch Card
Views: 3,946
Message 11 of 24

Re: Yoga: Has anyone installed the Windows Updates from Tuesday

For me, the Nalpeiron Licensing Service was the culprit preventing the November Cumulative Update from installing (and getting stuck at 15%). Apparently this service comes with Nitro Pro, the PDF editor, which is part of the Lenovo Windows 8 image.

You can either disable the service using msconfig.exe, or you can get rid of it by removing the service's registry key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nlsx86cc. If you delete the key, the service will be gone after you reboot.

mkallerud
Punch Card
Views: 3,915
Message 12 of 24

@ZacMatic wrote:

For me, the Nalpeiron Licensing Service was the culprit preventing the November Cumulative Update from installing (and getting stuck at 15%). Apparently this service comes with Nitro Pro, the PDF editor, which is part of the Lenovo Windows 8 image.

You can either disable the service using msconfig.exe, or you can get rid of it by removing the service's registry key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nlsx86cc. If you delete the key, the service will be gone after you reboot.

I uninstalled Nitro Pro and still had this service running, FYI.

dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 3,912
Message 13 of 24

Same here. I nuked the Nalpeiron service from the registry, tried shutting down all non-MS services with MSConfig, and I still have four Windows Updates I can't get to install. Smiley Sad

ZacMatic
Punch Card
Views: 3,880
Message 14 of 24

Try installing the updates one by one. Before I got rid of the Nalpeiron service, I had the same problem where four updates failed. I was able to install three of them by installing them one at a time. Then the last one, which was the Cumulative Update, would consistently fail at 15%. It worked immediately after getting rid of that service.

Skitals
Paper Tape
Views: 3,784
Message 15 of 24

I also had 2 updates failing to install. Disabling nalpeiron licensing service did the trick. I disabled the service, tried installing one of the two updates, rebooted, and oddly BOTH updates had installed. It seems I couldn't install one without the other. I had previously tried installing each one individually without success.

This is with the stock windows installation, albeit I repartitioned the drive to maximize my c: partition.

erzund
Punch Card
Views: 3,734
Message 16 of 24

I had the same problem, and after uninstalling Nitro PDF and rebooting, the nlsx86cc service was still running on my computer also.  I decided to delete this service from the registry rather than disable it, and this worked great for me, now all my windows updates are installed without problem.

Thanks mkallerud and ZacMatic for figuring this out.

APierson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,728
Message 17 of 24

Thanks, everyone -- I was having these same issues, and disabling Nalpeiron has mostly solved the problems. But I still can't install Windows Update KB2756872. I get error 800F081F. Are others manging to install this one? Any ideas? 

Thanks! 

Alan 

wmanto
What's DOS?
Views: 3,695
Message 18 of 24

Can you walk me through how to do that? I'm having the same problems and have no idea how to delete that from the registry, some help would be awesome thanks.

mikey94025
802.11n
Views: 3,667
Message 19 of 24

Here's one way to disable the Nalpeiron service:

1.  Open charms by swiping left from the right edge of the screen or by moving the mouse into the upper-right corner.

2.  Click on Settings.

3.  Click on Control Panel to open the control panel.

4.  Search for services in the upper-right text box.

5.  Click on "View local services".

6.  Scroll down to "Nalpeiron Licensing Service".

7.  Right click and select Properties to open the service properties dialog.

8.  Change Startup type to Disabled.

9.  Also press Stop if the Service status is currently running.

10.  Press OK to close the dialog.

Aesop
Punch Card
Views: 3,584
Message 20 of 24

@Agotthelf wrote:
Hello mkallerud,

To uncheck KB2770917 did the trick.

Thank you for the hint.

Andreas

Andreas, resepctfully, unckecking a security update is not a fix. the problem is a rogue process in one of the bloatware programs you are installing at factory.

you need to kill Nalpeiron Licensing Service process installed by Nitro to achieve porper security updates

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors