Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-24-2013

Singapore

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 11 of 15

Re: Yoga - Keyboard/Touchpad Disabled

2013-01-24, 3:01 AM

Mine has started doing this from time to time.  Sometimes not for days, other times often.

I do not believe this is a hardware issue personally.  I dont know for sure, but I am not convinced it is.

I believe that the same process that happens when 'tablet mode' is enabled is taking place whilst the laptop is in regular laptop mode.  You can actually see the red 'x' appear on the icon in the Windows notification area when it happens.  A USB mouse still works OK.

I have not had this issue for a while, and I also havent rebooted my laptop for a while either.  This morning I closed everything down (it was getting a bit clogged up with 103 internet tabs, 30 photoshop documents plus a hell of a lot of other things going on), and the keyboard/trackpad issue happened twice upon rebooting. The laptop had not been moved at all during this time.  I rebooted gain and it has now been fine since.

Hopefully there is some software glitch causing this, but it definitely needs to be sorted out as a priority as it makes for a huge inconvenience, espeially if using the laptop for work.

Options

4 Posts

01-24-2013

Singapore

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 12 of 15

2013-02-20, 6:54 AM

As predicted this is NOT a hardware issue at all.

It is an issue with a Lenovo service which is meant to control the 'mode' of the laptop/tablet.

The service is called 'ymc' and I have disabled it completely with no other effects other than this ridiculously annoying problem going away!!

I have seen another post here which shows you howto set up a quick enable/disable for this service, however I don't actually know why it would need to be enabled.  maybe I am missing something but the laptop works perfectly with the service disabled full time!

See the post here - http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/Yoga-Keyboard-and-touch-pad-stop-working/m-p/1031785/highlight/false#M18198

Cheers

Options

22 Posts

11-22-2012

ann arbor

54 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 13 of 15

2013-05-07, 21:39 PM

here's the solution I came up with (makes it so you can leave ymc on and disable it quickly if the bug occurs):

http://uselesspuzzles.blogspot.com/2013/05/i-cant-believe-lenovo-yoga-is-still.html

Options

7341 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29376 Signins

1682758 Page Views

• Views: 1682758
  • Message 14 of 15

2013-08-26, 4:55 AM

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

1 Posts

05-10-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 15 of 15

2017-05-10, 18:57 PM

I think I have discovered the issue: pressing the hotkey F6 actually disables the touchpad. It's very easy to accidentally push, since you don't even need to push Fn or Alt or Ctrl for it to work. Just push it again and the touchpad will resume function. I think I'll disable that particular hotkey since it has caused me so many issues. I hope this helps!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)