Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkurata
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,748
Message 1 of 14

Yoga - Keyboard/Touchpad Disabled

Sometimes when I switch from tablet mode to laptop mode I lose functionality of the keyboard/mouse.  I can get it back by either closing and re-opening the laptop or restarting.

Is there a solution for this problem?

jchoucair
What's DOS?
Views: 4,654
Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga - Keyboard/Touchpad Disabled

I am having this problem, but even without switching between tablet and laptop mode. Sometimes the keyboard and mouse just stop working and I can only use touchscreen. I have to either restart or close the screen to get functionality back. 

lenovoyogauser
Token Ring
Views: 4,606
Message 3 of 14

I have encountered this issue as well. I suspect that this is because in "Tablet mode", keyboard and trackpad are disabled. It seems that when you switch back to "Laptop mode", they are not enabled right away and you have to close the lid or do something for it to recognize the change.

omidmcdonald
What's DOS?
Views: 4,550
Message 4 of 14

Same problem here.  Will be in the middle of typing something when both the trackpad and keyboard stop responding.  Touch screen works.  Have to close the lid and resume to get the keyboard/trackpad working again. 

dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 4,524
Message 5 of 14

I had that problem with my first Yoga. When it started happening, it also wouldn't detect rotation after the machine had been on for a while.

I returned that one for a refund, bought a new one, and it never happens on the new one.

I believe the keyboard/touchpad issue is a hardware problem, not software, from the experience I had with my first Yoga. I'd suggest returning your unit if you're still within the return window and swapping for a new one.
calebu2
Serial Port
Views: 4,424
Message 6 of 14

I'm having this issue too. Am seriously thinking about returning it to Best Buy to get a replacement.

Quick question - if I do, is there an easy way to backup my windows 8 configuration and restore it on the replacement device? I wasted the best part of a week getting it configured as I wanted and don't want to have to repeat that effort.

shannonlh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,291
Message 7 of 14

I'm having the same problem with my clementine 256gb yoga.  I'll be working on it only in laptop mode and the keyboard and touchpad randomly get disabled.  Only way I can get it back is if I put it to sleep then wake it again. HELP! 

Any suggestions?

dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 4,282
Message 8 of 14

It's a hardware problem, kids. I had this and the rotation problem all the time with my first Yoga. Took it back to Best Buy, bought a new one, NEVER had this problem or the rotation issue.

If you're seeing this, swap it out.

shannonlh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,265
Message 9 of 14

Thanks dennya, I bought it directly from Lenovo, I'll give them a call.  So annoying when you set up a computer to have to start new Smiley Sad

mattcoz
Punch Card
Views: 4,190
Message 10 of 14

Ugh, I'd really rather not return this, are you sure it's a hardware issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors