Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

12-10-2016

United States of America

34 Signins

478 Page Views

• Views: 478
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga Lenovo 900- Charging Nexus 5x

2016-12-10, 14:27 PM

Hello.

I am trying to chrage my nexus 5x with usb c(that what this phone takes and this what the YOGA 900 has to offer), but it does not work. Cannot trasnfer data or charge the phone. computer does not seem to even know that the device is conntected, while the device just says that it connected but you cannot change what the connection does. 

Sonebody knows why? Somebody was able to chrage this situation?

THANKS!

Doron

Options

919 Posts

07-05-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga Lenovo 900- Charging Nexus 5x

2016-12-12, 16:42 PM

wrote:

Hello.

I am trying to chrage my nexus 5x with usb c(that what this phone takes and this what the YOGA 900 has to offer), but it does not work. Cannot trasnfer data or charge the phone. computer does not seem to even know that the device is conntected, while the device just says that it connected but you cannot change what the connection does. 

Sonebody knows why? Somebody was able to chrage this situation?

THANKS!

Doron

Hi Doron,

Didi your Nexis 5x come with a USB-c to USB-a cable? Does it work with this adaptor? There is not reason why the Nexus should not be charging and as soon as you plug the cable in you should get a message on the phone asking is you want data transfer or charge only.

Have you checked with a different cable as Type-c is still new and a lot of cables do not work correctly (it took me 5 different ones to get it to work)

Options

4189 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12746 Signins

185386 Page Views

• Views: 185386
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga Lenovo 900- Charging Nexus 5x

2016-12-12, 16:58 PM

wrote:

Have you checked with a different cable as Type-c is still new and a lot of cables do not work correctly (it took me 5 different ones to get it to work) 

Also be careful with third-party cables: Amazon clamps down on dangerous, laptop-destroying USB-C cables. They could do a lot more than just not work.

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms