11-19-2012

Everett, WA

37 Signins

168 Page Views

• Views: 168
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga/Mac on Network

2012-11-19, 14:35 PM

I apologise in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong location.  If so, please direct me where to look.  I am trying to get my Yoga running Windows 8 to work on a home network that consists of an iMac running OS X 10.8 connected via ethernet to an Airport Extreme.  I want to add the Yoga to the network on a wireless connection.  I've had partial success.  I can see and access the Yoga from the Mac side of the connection.  I DO NOT see the Mac listed under networks on the Yoga.  I've tried turning off the McAfee firewall and still do not see it.

This is my first Windows machine since using Win2000 years ago so I'm a little behind the times in understanding Windows connectivity.  An anyone offer some tips?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Options

1241 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga/Mac on Network

2012-11-28, 8:15 AM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing,  

First, Windows Sharing must be enabled on the Mac computer(s). This setting is on the Sharing preferences window, which is accessible in Mac OS X Leopard or Tiger

Please refer below link for complete process

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3751211

You may also refer below link for more suggestions

http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/nb-no/rdc/item/a776418a-8908-4345-9420-df141247602c

Do give this a try and let us know

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Options

4 Posts

11-19-2012

Everett, WA

37 Signins

168 Page Views

• Views: 168
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga/Mac on Network

2012-11-29, 1:42 AM

wrote:

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing,  

First, Windows Sharing must be enabled on the Mac computer(s). This setting is on the Sharing preferences window, which is accessible in Mac OS X Leopard or Tiger

Please refer below link for complete process

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3751211

You may also refer below link for more suggestions

http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/nb-no/rdc/item/a776418a-8908-4345-9420-df141247602c

Do give this a try and let us know

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Sorry, these did not work.  Also, I am running OS X Lion on the Mac and Windows 8 on the Yoga 13.  I can see the yoga on the Mac but I cannot see the Mac listed on yet he Yoga.  Any other resources you can suggest? I haven't stumbled across anything.

thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete