Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-14-2015

USA

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga Pro 2 Major Performance Problems: Lag, Keyboard, Video, Sleep

2015-08-14, 13:34 PM

I'm having a number of issues with my Yoga Pro 2, some perhaps caused by Windows 10, but I'm not sure.

1. After my computer has been asleep overnight, or for hours at a time, it almost always lags. Videos are choppy, my mouse lags as I drag it; everything runs slow. It's acting as if memory were at 100% performance, but it's generally around 60%, with CPU usage around 20-40%. I've upped the virtual memory to match the computer's ram (8,000mb), whihc solved the choppy video playback when I had windows 8.1. But now it's not just video, it's the whole computer. I keep having to restart the computer to get it running normally again. 
  2. When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes the keyboard it shut off when I try to type in my password and I have to hit the f4 button to turn the keyboard back on.
  3. The computer goes to sleep after 5 minutes of not touching it when the computer it plugged in. I have made sure all the advanced power settings are set correctly. When it's plugged in, it's not supposed to go to sleep for an hour without touching it. 

The biggest problem at this point is the lag. I work many part time jobs online and I need to be able to keep a lot of windows open since I don't finish them in one day usually. Having to close everything and restart really kills my productivity.

Does anybody else have the same problem, and does anyone have a solution to these issues? I've installed all the Windows 10 drivers I could from the Lenovo support page, and many of them said I already had the latest version and the version on the lenovo site would be an older version (I found that weird). 

Options

6 Posts

08-10-2015

Chicago, IL

15 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga Pro 2 Major Performance Problems: Lag, Keyboard, Video, Sleep

2015-08-17, 14:22 PM

It sounds like a problem associated with the Intel DTFP driver. Start up Task Manager. Go to the Performance tab. Is the computer trapped at 700mhz? That's your problem. Check out the other threads on this issue to learn more.

The current solution beyond going to the bios and disabling DTFP is to restart your computer.

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga Pro 2 Major Performance Problems: Lag, Keyboard, Video, Sleep

2015-08-22, 14:19 PM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)