Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CreamyRPK
Paper Tape
Views: 2,868
Message 1 of 4

Yoga Pro 2-cant fully launch games from steam/origin

just got my yoga pro 2 with the i5 for school and to play some older RTS games like warhammer or CofH

i switched the screen res to more normal sizes and it only helped a little. 

the games intro titles will display with sound then flicker to cut out and boot me back to the desktop with the app still running. I can click on the app again to somewhat continue where i left off but i can never keep the program running. 

is this a directX problem or is it still a screen resolution conflict?

ive restarted a few times and still hasnt worked. 

has anyone had simliar issues with launching games?

im not very experienced with installing pc games since this is my first pc in long time. 

any other steps i should troubleshoot?

thanks, Woman Surprised

jimgagne
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,812
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga Pro 2-cant fully launch games from steam/origin

I've bought and downloaded a number of games from Steam. For a while, they worked fine, but now almost all of them start up and almost immediately quit to the desktop, although often the sound continues to play. Sometimes the cursor/pointer is limted to the upper left-hand part of the screen. I've repeatedly asked Steam for help, but they've never answered. I have a desktop PC running Windows 7 that doesn't have this problem. The only other software I loaded onto the Yoga 2 Pro was Kapersky Internet Security, but disabling that doesn't help. I suspect some sort of interaction with the Lenovo system software. Please help!

jimgagne
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,801
Message 3 of 4

Another post about playing games on the Yoga 2 Pro says that cutting screen resolution to 1600 x 900 fixes the problem, and mostly I found that to be true. Here's the link: 

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Yoga-2-Pro-Gaming/m-p/1323275/highlight/t...

Typhous
What's DOS?
Views: 2,006
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I read the review, and i was wondering do you have to adjust the resultion from steam app by default or the game before full lunch?

I was able to change the resolution before to 1900x600, and it was fixed... the game crash still...

Any help here or advices?

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors