Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jezgo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,485
Message 1 of 10

Yoga Pro 3 Spacebar

Hi,

The space bar on my brand new Yoga Pro 3 frequently fails to type a space. Any ideas what is causingthis?

Jez

pastafarian
Token Ring
Views: 1,422
Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga Pro 3 Spacebar

Probably not the answer, but because my kids the laptops and are kinda pigs? We have had issues with food (bread crumbs, sesame seeds, ect) under the keys, particularly the space bar. More likely, since it's new its a hardware fault but if when pressing it you feel it''s not moving uniformly? You might want to try turning it off, closing the lid, turn it over and tap or shake it >>>GENTLY<<< to see if anything falls out. It has worked for me on several occasions.
jezgo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,399
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's definitely not food - this is fresh out of the box..

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,374
Message 4 of 10

I have found that you need to hit the space bar closer to the center. If you find that you're typing closer to the side of the spacebar, you'll need to be a bit more forceful.

I also found it worked better by updating the drivers often. There was some lag associated with the realtek drivers. Perhaps this fix will help it a bit?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-3-pro-mouse-lags/td-p/2169773

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
Stueybuk
What's DOS?
Views: 1,344
Message 5 of 10

Just got my laptop and having same problem, have to hit the spacebar deadcentre.

XTC
What's DOS?
Views: 1,294
Message 6 of 10

I have the same problem. I have just opened my new brand Yoga Pro 3 and the space bar does not work poperly. It only works if you press just in the very middle of the bar. Very disappointed.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,281
Message 7 of 10

I would definitely recommend trying the Realtek fix. Right now I am typing on my Yoga 3 Pro, and the spacebar is catching every time, regardless of where I tap (I tend to tap the right side with my right thumb though).

The Realtek issue can cause latency delays, and since we tend to contact the space bar for a shorter period moreso than any other key, it is possible the keystroke is missed.

Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
Akezer
Paper Tape
Views: 857
Message 8 of 10

I purchased a Yoga 900 about 7 months ago.  The very right side of the Spacebar key was DOA.  I've created a support ticket to take the unit to Best Buy's Geek Squard (dreading that!).  I've already updated all software/drivers.  This seems to me like a physical issue.

Has anyone had this issue repaired?  What did they do?  How long did it take?

Thanks.

Akezer
Paper Tape
Views: 781
Message 9 of 10

Mine's in Lenovo's service at this very time for the same thing...I also was dreading it.  They said 5-8 days...now they are saying that the part is not in stock and it's going to take awhile.

AK

Akezer
Paper Tape
Views: 738
Message 10 of 10

Finally sent mine in under warranty to have repaired.  Came back fixed...problem solved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors