04-06-2015

Vancouver

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga Pro 3 crashes frequently

2015-04-06, 4:19 AM

I bought a Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 in December and recently, it started to freeze, blue screen, and then black screen. The thing is that if I restart it a few times, it starts working perfectly again. However, that is a temporary solution, and after a few days, it black screens again. Also, sometimes, the screen freezes and the laptop restarts by itself (up to 4-5 times a day). Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Here is the text for the blue screen:

:(

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you (0% complete)

Here is the text for the black screen:

Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.

Insert Recovery Media and Hit any Key.

Then selct "Boot Manager" to choose a new Boot Devie or to Boot Recovery Media

Also, what is Recovery media?

Solved! See the solution
Options

1118 Posts

12-06-2012

NL

6371 Signins

67362 Page Views

• Views: 67362
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga Pro 3 crashes frequently

2015-04-06, 6:53 AM

The first thing I would try is to refresh your PC.

On the Charms bar, choose Settings, then:

1. Change PC Settings

2. Update & Recovery

3. Recovery

and choose the "Refresh your PC" option. This will rebuild the Windows 8.1 operating system from files kept in a separate recovery partition on your Yoga. This option will leave your personal data', and Apps, in place, but you'll have to reinstall any traditional desktop applications. Windows will give you a list of these programs, and put it into a report for you. The link to the file will be on the Desktop at the completion of the refresh.

The "Recovery Media" is a separate bootable USB or DVD that is available from Lenovo for some of their PC products. As long as you haven't deleted the recovery partition on your Yoga 3 Pro (or your SSD storage is not faulty, and the cause of this problem), then you don't need this - you have all you need in the recovery partition.

If the "Refresh" doesn't work (perhaps the OS is too corrupted), then you'll have to try a complete reinstall of Windows 8.1 from the recovery partition. This will mean that all your data and apps/application are removed. See here for instructions on how to do it using the One Key Recovery process:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Edge-Yoga-Flex-Laptops/Yoga-3-Pro-Accessing-BIOS-boot-menu-and-System-Recovery/ta-p/1809313

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

04-06-2015

Vancouver

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 6

2015-04-07, 4:19 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! I called tech support and they told me that a factory reset should solve the problem.

Options

5242 Posts

04-25-2008

US

39644 Signins

752083 Page Views

• Views: 752083
  • Message 4 of 6

2015-04-07, 4:16 AM
USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Options

23 Posts

12-17-2016

NO

22 Signins

211 Page Views

• Views: 211
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-04-18, 13:36 PM
Did definitely not fix the problem for me. After reinstalling all the updates the Blue Screen craches still happens frequently random.
Options

1 Posts

07-08-2018

TR

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-07-08, 18:48 PM

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. After I started using windows 10, my laptop keeps crashing. Therefore, I installed a clean copy of windows 10 but I still have the same issue. It is very dissappointing. I ran all the memory checks, hdd checks. All the hardware seems in good condition. And I also installed the latest drivers. Everyting is up-to-date. But still the computer keeps crashing. I couldnt find any solution.

I need serious support because I can't replace my computer and I still need to use this which is very dissapponting.

Thank you very much if anyone has a solution for this.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete