Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

02-19-2015

United States of America

19 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga Pro 3 - have to reinstall Synaptics drivers every time it resumes from sleep

2015-02-22, 19:17 PM

Can Lenovo please fix this? Every time I resume from sleep, I have to re-run the Synaptics driver install. If I don't do this, I don't have 2-finger swipe functionality.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

Options

1042 Posts

07-14-2010

Canada

3945 Signins

17518 Page Views

• Views: 17518
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga Pro 3 - have to reinstall Synaptics drivers every time it resumes from sleep

2015-02-23, 4:45 AM

Are you running the Lenovo driver, or the driver direct from Synaptics? 

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Options

18 Posts

02-19-2015

United States of America

19 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Yoga Pro 3 - have to reinstall Synaptics drivers every time it resumes from sleep

2015-02-24, 5:12 AM

I believe it's the one ffrom Synaptics because the one from Lenovo failed when I tried to use the pressure graph or other utilities, stating that a Synaptics touchpad had to be installed.

So I looked all over to find the re-install workaround, and it does work reliably. What I would like is an actual solution from Lenovo so I don't have to jump through this stupid hoop every single time I wake up my computer.

Options

1 Posts

02-27-2015

United States

3 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-02-27, 21:46 PM

I have also been experiencing a very similar issue.

Every time I restart my Yoga 3 Pro, the Synaptics software is not loading so I lose all gestures and scrolling functionality.

My current workaround is to uninstaill the Synaptics software, then reinstall it from Lenovo website and I'll get the functionality (and system tray icon) back... Until the next time I restart the computer.

There is definitely somethign upon startup that is killing off the Synaptics software because even when I go into  Control Panel > Mouse there should be a Synpatics tab but this is missing.

Any help would be much appreciated

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms