Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-25-2015

orange, ca

7 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga Pro 3 sensitive to the pressure of being held

2015-12-22, 4:22 AM

I don't know if anyone else has this issue but i notice that if put any sort of pressue on the left border of the keyboard that my computer will act like the tab key is stuck.  At first i thought it was a driver update issue but then realized that it always would have after i disconnected the computer from the charger and carried it to the other room.  Usually the top is flipped open so I'll be carrying it with the left hand gripping the rubber border.  I'm in no way bending the system board but it does appear handling the left side will trigger a stuck tab key.  Please help.  Maybe it needs to be looked at since it's still under warranty?

Answer
Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541

Re: Yoga Pro 3 sensitive to the pressure of being held

2015-12-22, 15:54 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

The best way to carry a laptop is with two hands so the weight of the laptop is evenly distributed.  One handed carries allow the laptop to flex when it is being moved which is not good for the internal components. Through the years I have fixed several different laptop brands where the continuous one handed carry caused an unbootable machine. 

In your situation there really isn't anything to be looked at by Lenovo Support at this point since it is an intermittent problem.  Your one hand hold and grip is either causing a flex or it is putting added pressure on components.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga Pro 3 sensitive to the pressure of being held

2015-12-22, 15:54 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

The best way to carry a laptop is with two hands so the weight of the laptop is evenly distributed.  One handed carries allow the laptop to flex when it is being moved which is not good for the internal components. Through the years I have fixed several different laptop brands where the continuous one handed carry caused an unbootable machine. 

In your situation there really isn't anything to be looked at by Lenovo Support at this point since it is an intermittent problem.  Your one hand hold and grip is either causing a flex or it is putting added pressure on components.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms