cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ATSFLady
Blue Screen Again
Views: 29,321
Message 1 of 18

Yoga Pro Intel Wireless-N 7260 Adapter Experienceing driver or Hardware related problems

I have a Lenovo Yoga Pro and have been using the wireless with no problems.

This evening I was on my computer and watching a video.  Then suddenly I had no connection.

I went to log on again, and found that the Wireless Connections showed as "Unavailable".  Now I know there is a connection since I am currently on it on another computer. 

Using the Troubleshoot an error was found:  "The Intel(R) Wireless-N 7250 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.  And the system could not fix it.

Some of the driver information:

Network adapter Wi-Fi driver ---

Intel Wireless N 7260

Version 16.0.0.62

Inf File Name  c:\windows\inf\netwewo2.inf

Inf File Date   August 22, 2013

Instance Status Flags  0x1802400

Device Manager Status Code   43

Iftype     71

Physical Media Type    9

I checked the wireless status using Network -- Airplane Mode.  Airplane mode is OFF.  Wireless Devices shows only Bluetooth which is ON.  Shouldn't WiFi show here???

I need help to get back on the internet. 

Can anyone suggest what to do? 

Oh... I turned the computer totally off and then back on already.  No difference.

Thank you for anyone who can help me with this.

Moderator Note; subject edited

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 29,168
Message 2 of 18

Re: Yoga Pro Intel Wireless-N 7260 Adapter Experienceing driver or Hardware related problems

The wireless will not show if the drivers are acting up.

Can you try installing the below driver?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3716&DwnldID=23942&ProductFamily=Wire...

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
ATSFLady
Blue Screen Again
Views: 29,266
Message 3 of 18

Re: Yoga Pro Intel Wireless-N 7260 Adapter Experienceing driver or Hardware related problems

You can ignore this now....

I was able to finally get the wireless up.   My drivers are up to date.... Still not certain what happened.

But here is how I got past it.

Just turning the computer off with a Shut Down did not change it.  However, I pressed and held the power button until the system shut down.  Then when it was restarting, I repeated the press and hold until the system shut down again.  Then I let the system turn on normally and everything was back to normal.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Thanks for trying to help.

griffw
What's DOS?
Views: 28,522
Message 4 of 18

Thank you very much for sharing your fix.

It worked on my new Thinkpad Carbon X1 20A7.

I am still not sure how to fix long term.

Lenovo Premium Software support told me it is a known software problem and they know how to fix it for a fee.

I was glad I found your recommendation that worked for me  (to avoid the fee on a new PC)

mightypile
Paper Tape
Views: 28,066
Message 5 of 18

That could present problems for other parts of the OS to hard-power it like that. I found that by going to the Device Manager, I could right-click the "Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260" and disable it, then right-click it again and enable it. I had wifi back and connected in about two seconds. (Yoga 2 Pro)
awanishuhu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 27,531
Message 6 of 18

mightypile wrote:
That could present problems for other parts of the OS to hard-power it like that. I found that by going to the Device Manager, I could right-click the "Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260" and disable it, then right-click it again and enable it. I had wifi back and connected in about two seconds. (Yoga 2 Pro)

you are awesome! I have the same problem and I do exactly like you said, and then it is SOLVED!! thank you!! =) By the way, I am using LENOVO IdeaPad Flex 15.

mightypile
Paper Tape
Views: 27,459
Message 7 of 18

I'm delighted this could help you. However, I must say the following for Lenovo:

Just because we have discovered a less painful band-aid for this problem doesn't make it OK. I am getting really frustrated with re-enabling the wifi card. And I'm nearly as frustrated with having to power my bluetooth mouse off and on again every time it stops responding. I feel very strongly that these kinds of issues should never see a consumer, and in the rare case that one gets out, it should be a priority for Lenovo to have them fixed. My opinion of Lenovo has suffered from this experience and gets worse with each passing day I don't see new drivers released. I really hope they devote resources to fixing these issues or pushing Intel to fix them as soon as possible. I would expect more respect for customers than Lenovo is giving. And it's unfortunate, because I really like the design of the Yoga Pro 2. They did a lot right, but just didn't get the basics wrapped up before shipping, then failed to take it seriously once out.

awanishuhu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 27,409
Message 8 of 18

@mightypile wrote:

I'm delighted this could help you. However, I must say the following for Lenovo:

And I'm nearly as frustrated with having to power my bluetooth mouse off and on again every time it stops responding. I feel very strongly that these kinds of issues should never see a consumer, and in the rare case that one gets out, it should be a priority for Lenovo to have them fixed. 

yeah, I noticed it too... sometimes my bluetooth just suddenly become disable and I need to reenable it again so that I can use my bluetooh headphone. This had happened to me several times but for wifi, this is my first time experiencing it. LENOVO should really pay attention to this because its quite troublesome to keep re-enabling these each time it occurs.

bwalker24
What's DOS?
Views: 26,465
Message 9 of 18

this is a real problem; i've attempted to install driver  from intel.  the intel site also says it's a problem. this is currently fixing it for me; however, i've been trying to fix this for many months.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3716&DwnldID=23942&ProductFamily=Wire...

juliuscredit
What's DOS?
Views: 25,473
Message 10 of 18

Thanks for posting this little trick. I had the same problem and was about to reboot all my drivers until I saw this. My wifi now works perfectly!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors