11-05-2019

VN

9 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga S730 overheating

2019-11-22, 16:27 PM

Hello everyone. I have recently purchased a Yoga S730 (or IdeaPad 730S) and it keeps overheating so I apply ceramic thermal paste to the CPU. I notice that after applying the thermal paste, if I get my ear close to the keyboard, I can hear a electric-y, almost like a sizzling noise. Is this a problem? I examine everything inside but nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. I encounter the following issues:

• The fan sometimes seems to be running even though the CPU temperature is only about 40 to 50°C and the CPU utilization is only under 10%.
  • On start-up, the CPU utilization would be at 30 to 40% and the clock speed at 3.xx GHz, the laptop would also get very hot, the CPU would be at about 90°C but then decreases down to 40 to 50°C.
  • The laptop gets very hot when plugged in and I run a slightly heavy task like installing applications, the CPU temperature would get up to 92°C.
  • When I create a new and empty file in Photoshop CC 2018, the CPU would get up to 90°C.
  • Sometimes when the CPU temperature is at only nearly 60°C, the fan would also run pretty loud (I don't how many RPM because the HWMonitor or SpeedFan doesn't display fan speed).

I have tried everything from reinstalling Windows to editting power plan in the Control Panel. What can I do about these issues? Thanks a lot.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga S730 overheating

2019-11-26, 14:40 PM

Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply regarding the issue.

Since it's a new computer at startup, it may may be downloading and installing windows updates on the background, keep this in mind as whenever a new windows setup is done after a reset it will redo and redownload all available updates from windows and the latest update is ver1909 released this month. You can check this out under the history on updates and security

I would suggest that you download and Install the Vantage App and then let it detect and install all available driver updates for your device including the BIOS. Another thing to consider would be the ventilation and air circulation around the device since this has been made thinner than the previous models, it's going to heat up faster and the fan working earlier and than normal.

I hope this helps and let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save