Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkennedy
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 1 of 4

Yoga S730 recovery USB error

Hi,

I have formatted my hard drive, downloaded the USB recovery via Digital download, but I cannot get past the error below

" Error when initializing the Recovery Enviroment. Click [Yes] to try again. CLick [No] to exit installation."

How do I get past this?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 185
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga S730 recovery USB error

If you formatted the hard drive, you most likely wiped out the recovery partition, so that's not an option. Did you format MBR or GPT?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
pkennedy
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 3 of 4

Yes I understand I have wiped the partittion. I have downloaded the recovery media via the digital download for the unit, created the USB, but I get the error above.

mroy5150
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 4 of 4

I recently had to do a recovery install.  Instead of installing from the downloaded recovery media or from the recovery partition I decided to install a fresh copy of Windows 10.  I went to the Windows website where you can download the latest copy of Windows 10 Home onto a bootable USB drive.  I installed from the USB drive and it worked great.  The fresh install is better performing and more stable then the image that came with the laptop.  I'd recomend you do the same.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors