Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

38 Posts

08-30-2018

Singapore

116 Signins

629 Page Views

• Views: 629
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga S740 (14) restarting after shutting down

2019-12-02, 0:21 AM

I discovered this weird issue yesterday.

For some reason, whenever I am plugged into AC and when Bluetooth is on (I've tried with two different mice), whenever I shut down my PC soon after booting it up, the computer shuts down, and then proceeds to turn itself on again a second later. I have disabled all the wake to boot settings I can think of, disabled fast startup and even resetted the BIOS but same issue.

The problem doesn't manifest if:
- I am using the battery
- I turn off Bluetooth or
- I wait a minute or two before shutting down

It somehow seems that before the Bluetooth driver is loaded fully, something is causing the computer to restart instead of shutting down.

Does anyone else ever experience this issue?

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

Philippines

115 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga S740 (14) restarting after shutting down

2019-12-02, 16:23 PM

Hi ,

Regarding the issue, You can try to turn off Fast Startup feature under the power options as some reports say that Windows 10 may unexpectedly restart after you select the Shutdown option or put the system into Sleep or Hibernate mode. Here’s how to fix this issue.

According to numerous reports, turning off the Fast Startup feature helps fix the issue in most cases.

1. Go to the Windows Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional power settings.
  2. Click Choose what the power button do, then click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
  3. Uncheck the Turn on fast startup feature.
  4. Save changes and shut down the PC to see if the issue has been fixed.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

38 Posts

08-30-2018

Singapore

116 Signins

629 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-12-02, 18:41 PM

Hi Jeremy,

As mentioned above I have already disabled fast startup. I have also disabled the auto restart upon crash setting.

Options

38 Posts

08-30-2018

Singapore

116 Signins

629 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-12-04, 0:24 AM

Ok, now, the funny thing is, when I enable fast startup, I have no issues at all.

I also realise that this problem only happens when WiFi or Bluetooth is enabled (so actually, even when Bluetooth is disabled, as long as my WiFi is connected it happens), and I do a "non-fast" shutdown within say, 3 minutes of turning on. When I shut down the computer before entering the login screen, it does not restart. Neither does it restart when I am on battery 

I suspect there is a bug somehwere but I can't figure out why. I've tried updating all the driver's but to no avail.

Options

28 Posts

10-09-2019

China

47 Signins

794 Page Views

• Views: 794
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-12-05, 2:36 AM

Hi trenzterra,

What's your BIOS version, and if your machine type is S740-14IIL?

If answered your question, please help to mark your topic as "Solved"! Thanks for your cooperation in advance!
Options

38 Posts

08-30-2018

Singapore

116 Signins

629 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2019-12-05, 17:56 PM

Hi there, my laptop version is S740-14IIL. I have updated BIOS to the latest version BYCN29WW. I am not sure if the previous version had this issue.

I also notice another weird bug when my power supply is plugged in:

- Basically, whenever I close the lid, and reopen it, or enter sleep mode and wake up, my display brightness is not honoured. E.g. I can set my display to minimum brightness, but when I enter sleep and wake from sleep, the screen brightness will increase by 3 to 4 steps automatically. It goes back to the correct minimum brightness only upon reboot, or when I manually toggle Fn+F11 once (to 'reset' it). Funny thing is, when I am using battery, the brightness setting works properly.

I feel that this laptop has quite a bit of bugs in it...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms