Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-04-2021

Italy

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga Slim 7 14ARE05 (amd 4700u) usb c working at usb 2 speed!!!!

2021-07-04, 21:06 PM

Hello, I just bought this laptop and spent quite a bit, I have two usb c ports, one works correctly at 1000MB/s in cristaldisk with an external M2 drive connected, the other usbc works at 30MB/s, while all of the others 3.1 ports type A (rectangular ones) are both working at 400MB/s.

How can I fix this?

I can't find an answer online, it's unacceptable for this product and other people are reporting this.

Is there a fix?

Tried with charging cable on, maximum perfomance, all on. When I connect the external drive it tells me "this can go faster if connected in usb 3.0).

Please dont tell me it's the cable, it's working at 1000MB/s in the other usbc port

Help please.

Options

2836 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

378 Signins

14526 Page Views

• Views: 14526
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Yoga Slim 7 14ARE05 (amd 4700u) usb c working at usb 2 speed!!!!

2021-07-05, 10:29 AM

Hi d3stroyah,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are the low speeds on the same external drive ? If yes, then make sure you have the latest drivers for your USB's & C's.  Also make sure that you are setting the Disk(s) to "Better Performance" in device manager instead of Quick Removal Mode (Disregard this if this is what you mean with Max Performance).

Example: 

- You must restart the device after this change for it to take effect.

Update USB Drivers:

- Enter Device Manager and navigate to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

- Select the USB Root Hubs/eXtensible Host Controller and any other USB related device

- Right click and select "Update Drivers"

Update System Board Drivers:

Also make sure you have the newest BIOS and Chipset drivers for your device:
You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
Just plot in the serial number of the device, click the search icon and select your device, then head to Drivers & Software, select Manual Update, then select the BIOS and Chipset section
Right click the files in question and select "Run as Administrator".
**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing BIOS updates. Do not turn off the device while the BIOS update is running as this can cause serious damage to the motherboard and prevent the device from functioning properly or at all.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

4 Posts

07-04-2021

Italy

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2021-07-05, 11:00 AM

hi, I tried updating, nothing to update.

I tried also with lenovo bundle app from lenovo website with automatic updates, nothing to update. 

Tried with lenovo vantage, nothing to update.

Tried setting best performance, but the issue is not the drive (since it runs at 1000MB/s in the other usbc), zero changes.

When i connect the drive to the first usbc i get the "it can go faster connected to a usb3 port" which should really not appear.

Crystaldisk confirms same 40MB/s transfer in that usbc.

I also called lenovo assistance, they even asked me how I knew that my notebook had two usbc........they also mentioned it had thunderbolt (i gave the exact codename) so they were clearly unable to help.

I'm pretty convinced it's not a faulty unit and probably all of the slim 7 users are having this issue unresolved. 

Is there a solution to force usb 3 on that port? I will never believe it is intended to work as usb 2.0 as it would be a joke.

Please help :(

Options

4 Posts

07-04-2021

Italy

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-07-06, 7:03 AM

I'm struggling when it comes to this kind of issues. Since everybody talks about drivers like magic, I totally reinstalled windows from scratch and...NOTHING changed!

This charging port is a usb C working as USB 2. There are only two cases: it's an extremely bad joke or it's a huge bug and it's extremely hard to understand how Lenovo couldn't fix this in less than three hours from the launch!

I will post this in every contact section I can find in the universe in order to let them know, this is a major issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms