Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-26-2021

Germany

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 8

Yoga Slim 7 Automatic Repair Boot Loop, can't enter bios

2021-04-26, 20:56 PM

Hi,

I have a 4 days old Yoga Slim 7 15IIL05 (is that right? it's the 15 inch one with 1 tb ssd). When I tried booting it up today it went into a boot loop which it can't get out of. It alternates between the normal Lenovo boot logo and the Lenovo boot logo with the "Automatic repair" line. After showing the logo for about a second it just reboots. If I try to enter bios via F2 it does not show the Lenovo logo but still reboots.

I have no idea what to do. I read about the boot loop problem but like I said, I can't enter the bios to change anything. Please help :/.

Options

4457 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

357 Signins

33987 Page Views

• Views: 33987
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Yoga Slim 7 Automatic Repair Boot Loop, can't enter bios

2021-04-26, 21:02 PM

Hello @ Inftje!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Please try accessing the BIOS Setup of your Yoga Slim 7 laptop by pressing the Novo button hole that's found underneath the machine itself.

Make sure that the laptop is OFF before pressing it, please see attached picture below for reference.

Once inside BIOS, you may check in there if the device's storage drive is still detected or may also try loading it to defaults as well by pressing FN + F9 then highlight/select YES followed by FN + F10 then highlight/select YES again to save the changes & exit to see if it will boot properly again.

Aside from that, you may also use the Novo button hole again to access the System Recovery setup and proceed with factory reset to see if it will get the job done.

Please note that this step will erase all data that's stored in the device.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

3 Posts

04-26-2021

Germany

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-04-26, 21:18 PM

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that didn't help. I actually saw the Menu for a short time but then the machine turned off. It seems to completely turn itself off and back on again and again. After pressing the novo button again now I don't even see the Lenovo logo anymore. The screen just stays black and it keeps rebooting.

Options

4457 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

357 Signins

33987 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-04-27, 15:25 PM

@ Inftje wrote:

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that didn' help. I actually saw the Menu for a short time but then the machine turned off. It seems to completely turn itself off and back on again and again. After pressing the novo button again now I don' even see the Lenovo logo anymore. The screen just stays black and it keeps rebooting.

Thanks for providing an update @ Inftje!

It would be advisable to get in touch with our Lenovo phone/technical support team in your region for further recommendation towards this matter since the Novo Button Menu won't stay for long for us to proceed in accessing BIOS or performing a System Recovery to the machine itself.

You may get their contact details through this link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

<

Options

3 Posts

04-26-2021

Germany

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-04-27, 18:51 PM

For future reference if anybody should encounter this:

The problem was the power button at the right side. It seems to get stuck causing a boot loop. Getting in there with finger nails and pulling it slightly resolved the issue.

Options

4457 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

357 Signins

33987 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-04-27, 20:41 PM

@ Inftje wrote:

The problem was the power button at the right side. It seems to get stuck causing a boot loop. Getting in there with finger nails and pulling it slightly resolved the issue.

Thanks for the update @ Inftje!

It would be best still to get in touch with the Lenovo phone/technical support in your area for them to check the machine especially the Power button itself since it isn't normal for it to be stuck so that it can be properly fixed.

Thanks,

Adriel

<

Options

19 Posts

05-13-2018

Germany

26 Signins

221 Page Views

• Views: 221
  • Message 7 of 8

2021-04-28, 7:50 AM

@ Inftje wrote:

Can you elaborate on that? My power button has no clicky pressure point to it, so I think I might have the same problem as well. 

Options

4457 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

357 Signins

33987 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-04-28, 14:34 PM

@ Astfgl wrote:

@ Inftje wrote:

Can you elaborate on that? My power button has no clicky pressure point to it, so I think I might have the same problem as well. 

Hello @ Astfgl!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

Usually, the Power button should respond immediately when pressed in order for the machine to be placed into Sleep mode (if it's set at Power Options/Plan) or to be turned OFF.

If the Power button needs to be pressed with pressure for it to respond, it would be advisable to have it be checked at any local service providers near your area or contact the Lenovo phone/technical support if it's still in warranty.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms