12-19-2017

DE

5 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga Tablet 2 1051 Multiple Issues with Touchscreen, Sound, Drivers, Battery

2017-12-19, 14:12 PM

I have been having many problems with my Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 1051. They all have arisen after a clean installation of Windows 10 (in order to solve some previous problems). I will list then one by one and, lo and behold!, they are a lot!

1) The touchscreen is not working. I completed the installation using a USB mouse and keyboard, so I did not notice until I was in the Windows environment and tried to use the screen. In Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, HID-compliant touchscreen is nowhere to be found. It is not just uninstalled, since I can't find it even when viewing the hidden devices. However, it is not a hardware issue, as I can normally use the touchscreen in the BIOS.

2) No battery icon in taskbar. The battery icon in the taskbar has disappeared. It is not on the pop-up menu, and at Taskbar setting, at "Turn system icons on or off", the battery section is completely greyed out and I can't do anything. To make matters worse, in Device Manager, under Batteries, there is no ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, as there should normally be. As with the touchscreen, I can't find this even after viewing hidden devices. At setting, in Troubleshoot, troubleshooting for battery issues gives me nothing. The issue with this is I don't know my battery percentage, and that the tablet just turns off while trying to troubleshoot everything, as I don't even get the message about low battery. However, it does charge normally (or so I assume).

3) I have no sound. There is just an X in a red circle over the speaker icon in the taskbar. Troubleshooting again brings up nothing. Downloading the Wolfson sound drivers from the Lenovo website and installing them, again, does nothing. What is even weirder, is that there is no "Sound, video and game controllers" category in Device Manager, like there is no audio device/hardware installed. Again, nothing in hidden devices.

4) Driver issues. In Device Manager, there are two "Other/unknown devices" which seem to be missing drivers. Trying to update those of course does nothing. PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller also seems to be missing drivers. I've read that installing the Intel Trusted Execution Engine (TXE) driver should solve the driver issue for the latter, but I can't seem to find the right TXE driver for my tablet. Uninstalling all three doesn't work, as they just get automatically installed again, with the missing drivers issue persisting.

Windows are up to date, BIOS is the latest version, and I've tried doing clean installations of Windows a couple of times. Nothing works. I've scoured the internet and haven't found solutions for any of these. Any help, on any of the issues, would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate(s) have been removed. Thanks !

Options

1 Posts

01-28-2018

US

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 1051 Multiple Issues with Touchscreen, Sound, Drivers, Battery

2018-01-31, 5:02 AM
I just reinstalled the Intel BYT driver from Lenovo support site. Things seem to be working again. Those drivers that were missing are back.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete