Did you mean: 
AceF
What's DOS?
Views: 123
Message 1 of 1

Yoga X380 Static Build Up On Internal Keyboard

Hi everyone,

This is kind of a strange problem.

My internal keyboard on my Yoga X380 lower half of my keys (shift to shift area) sometimes don't respond when I press them.

Keys work fine on a external usb keyboard so its the internal keyboard.

This has been going on for a few months after I got the unit and the only way to fix it is to reseat the keyboard connector on the mainboard.

I've worked with Lenovo support and had the keyboard + mainboard replaced but it keeps reoccurring after a few days.

I work in a semi static safe environment (no carpet + hard floor/table) and my previous Lenovo X250 didn't have this issue.

I also have other coworkers that use the same bench with Yoga X370 that don't have this issue.

All I have connected is the power adapter, Thinkpad USB 3.0 pro dock and Plantronics Voyager Legend bluetooth headset.

My usb mouse is connected to the docking station which has 2 external monitors + network cable connected.

I've swapped out the power adapter and docking station, same issue.

This issue seems to happen when I fullly shutdown the laptop for the day and store it in a secure cabinet.

Next morning when I power it up, it has the issue (the issue never starts to happen when the unit is active, always after a full power off).

I've updated to the latest BIOS 1.23.

Looking for any suggestions.

Thanks!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors