Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TPham1948
Token Ring
Views: 1,619
Message 1 of 4

Yoga Yoga 920-13IKB lost Ethernet Capability

Past few days, I have been using Ethernet connection fine. Suddenly, it is gone.
In 'Control Panel' -> 'Network & Internet' -> 'Network Connection', there are 'Bluetooth Network Connection' and 'WiFi Connection' only. No Ethernet Adapter.
Open the Device Manager, there are 'Qualcom Wireless', Bluetooth Device + 8 different WAN Miniports.

I downloaded & installed Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Yoga 920-13IKB, Yoga 920-13IKB  'fqy801af', no change.

I switched the ethernet connection from the C Hub to another USB Hub with Ethernet port, no change.

Swapped cables, swapped LAN ports, no change. Same cables and ports work fine with another laptop (6 years old).

Hope that someone would give a helping hand. I've been struggling with it all day long and am giving up.

Help, please.

P.S. Got a couple days more to be able to return, with regret of course. Hope this can be fixed.

TPham1948
Token Ring
Views: 1,592
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga Yoga 920-13IKB lost Ethernet Capability

When the Ethernet was working, the Networking Connection showed all three Bluetooth + Ethernet + WiFi. Today the Ethernet disappeared. Perhaps Lenovo or Windows updated something that messed it up.

Contacted Plugable Hub support. They suggested some tests to reset the Hub. No change.

Contacted Lenovo support. He said that the laptop was designed for wireless use only. He sent a Chip Set Driver to test anyway. Not good.

So with much regret, I would need to return this one and searching for something else.

So long,

FGG-IBCA
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,198
Message 3 of 4

@TPham1948 wrote:

When the Ethernet was working, the Networking Connection showed all three Bluetooth + Ethernet + WiFi. Today the Ethernet disappeared. Perhaps Lenovo or Windows updated something that messed it up.

Contacted Plugable Hub support. They suggested some tests to reset the Hub. No change.

Contacted Lenovo support. He said that the laptop was designed for wireless use only. He sent a Chip Set Driver to test anyway. Not good.

So with much regret, I would need to return this one and searching for something else.

So long,

I use an ANKER USB-C HUB that has 3 USB 3 ports and the Ethernet connection. It shows on the network adapter as Realtek USB GbE family controller see attached picture, the controller shows up in device manager only when the device is plugged in the USB-C port, if I disconnect it it goes away, but it shows up again when I plug in the device. It also shows in the USB devices as 3.1 USB extensible controller. The transfer rate with this ethernet adapter on my home network is 112 MBytes/s.

The link below shows the product. It works fine on my Yoga 92013IKB.

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/USB-C-to-3-Port-USB-3.0-Hub-with-Ethernet-Adapter/A8303041

It is available on Amazon too.

DarioLenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 414
Message 4 of 4

Hello, I had suddenly exactly the same problem with the recently bought Lenovo Yoga 92013IKB. I am using a Satechi brand USB-C Hub (with 3 USB3 and 1 RJ45 port similar if not identical to the Anker Hub you pictured). Suddenly, after having functioned with Ethernet connection 3 days long, today no Ethernet connection available. Device manager showing (in show hiden devices mode) 2 unknown usb device entries and the Realtek USB GbE Family Contoller being grayed out.
I noticed in a previous post a recommendation to try to switch the USB-C port of the Hub. I did and the problem disappeared. Probably I switched power cable ant Hub cable unvoluntarily because I noticed yesterday that powering off the Yoga did not turn off the Leds of external USB devices, so the battery would continue to be depleted if one of them required charging (the bought system had activated the USB charging while power off feature). Therefore I disconnected all USB cables after poweroff. And reconnected them in different sequence this morning, which led to the problem !
Anyhow I strongly disapprove the Lenovo support team employee who apparently argued that the Yoga  is meant to wireless only mode by design !!! Obviously it has a built-in Realtek chipset which allows for ethernet connection ! 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors