12-08-2012

United States

9 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga and Netlfix problem?

2012-12-08, 21:44 PM

First off, I have the Lenovo Yoga 13.3" from Best Buy and love it thus far.  One small issue I have though, is with Netflix.  I usually fold the Yoga into stand mode while watching movies in Netflix, which should deactivate the keyboard.  What's odd is after using Netflix for an extended period, the keyboard will activate itself.  Today it activated only the top row of keys.  This happens while the Yoga is positioned at ~280*.  If I fold it all the way back, the keys will deactivate.  Then if I try to flip the Yoga back to laptop mode, the keyboard and touchpad are still deactivated!  I have to close the lid and reopen it to get it to work again.

Even after doing that though, the keyboard and touchpad won't deactivate until past ~290* if I want to use it in one of the other modes.  I have to actually restart the system to get it to work like normal.  This tells me there's some kind of driver/software issue rather than an actual sensor.

The only other time I noticed something similar is when I was playing Minecraft, my keyboard and touchpad deactivated at random and I had to open and close the lid for them to work again. 

Is anyone else experiencing this or this unique to me?

Options

8 Posts

11-23-2012

United States

61 Signins

487 Page Views

• Views: 487
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga and Netlfix problem?

2012-12-09, 3:25 AM

Yea, I am seeing something similar - although I haven't paid attention enough to notice if it correlates with my use of Netflix or not.  I do watch Netflix a lot and use either tent mode or have the keyboard folded back under the screen.  I have noticed at various times that the keys don't in fact become inactive and then I randomly / accidently end up pressing keys and screw up what I'm watching.  Doesn't happen all the time, I should pay more attention to see if I am seeing the same connection as you, when I watch Netflix. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete