09-15-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga c740 battery life draining too fast

2020-09-15, 17:06 PM

I purchased this laptop 2 months ago and I am having battery issues already. I take it to work with me and at 8am it is at 100% and by 10am it was already down to 20%. I have turned off background apps, checked task manager and I am only using Firefox but my battery is draining way too quickly. Is there a way to fix this?

Options

11836 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7073 Signins

741604 Page Views

• Views: 741604
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Yoga c740 battery life draining too fast

2020-09-15, 17:44 PM

Hi adrianne13,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There are new features offered in your machine variants.

You can decide to disable them in the Configuration tab in your BIOS such as  Charge on battery mode and Always on USB.

Others may also be available so you can have the option to disable them then save and exit.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

04-29-2020

RO

25 Signins

205 Page Views

• Views: 205
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Yoga c740 battery life draining too fast

2020-09-16, 12:46 PM

Hi,

I have the same issue as mentioned above, as well with the loud fan even i activated quited mode in BIOS and Lenovo Vantage.

The battery drain it's fast, even with no app opened, fan starts immediately with the laptop .

Is there no fix for these issues that more and more users are complaining about?

The processor i suspect it's quite power hungry and not too power efficient, but still, find a way to make a right BIOS, when i set it in Quiet mode, it better be quiet and not drain my battery so bad.

I see battery life for 10-12h on some others price-range laptop like this, but it's just a fantasy here...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete