01-24-2012

United States

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga c930 external microphone question

2019-05-04, 12:20 PM

Recently got a C930 laptop and didn’t realize that the combo headphone doesn’t support an external microphone. The manual does indicate this but I didn’t read it thoroughly before purchase. Is there a workaround such as a USB adapter or add on program?

Options

2550 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4982 Signins

51411 Page Views

• Views: 51411
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga c930 external microphone question

2019-05-04, 12:45 PM

It depends on what the objective is. Are you talking about using a standalone external microphone? If so, there are a number of USB microphones on the market that will work.  If it's something else, give us a little more detail, please. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

8360 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77300 Signins

2194514 Page Views

• Views: 2194514
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-05-04, 15:24 PM

wrote:

It depends on what the objective is. Are you talking about using a standalone external microphone? If so, there are a number of USB microphones on the market that will work.  If it's something else, give us a little more detail, please. 

What the UG says is "The audio connector does not support a conventional microphone."

The jack is a combo jack as stated.  It supports headsets - both stereo headphones and mono microphone.  You can use a combo jack splitter to get a mono microphone input.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

8 Posts

01-24-2012

United States

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-05-04, 19:50 PM

Thanks for your quick response. I have connected an iPad to previous computers to record music from iTunes, YouTube and similar apps. I also have a USB turntable and things like disc and tape players. My goal is to still be able to do so. I have a headphone to USB C connector but that didn't work. 

Options

2550 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4982 Signins

51411 Page Views

• Views: 51411
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-05-05, 14:30 PM

It sounds like you need an external USB sound card that can handle microphone and line-in inputs as well as headphone and speaker outputs. Especially if your goal is recording stereo audio from an external source. The combo jack on the laptop won't do line-in or stereo microphones.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

8 Posts

01-24-2012

United States

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2019-05-05, 17:02 PM

Thanks for the guidance. Will see what I can find. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete