Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abshah
Paper Tape
Views: 1,316
Message 1 of 9

Yoga c940 powerbank requirements

hey all

just got the c940 delivered. bought the HD version rather than the 4K mainly after owning the surface pro 4 and being disappointed with the battery life that was blamed on the UHD screen

confused on the 65w requirement vs what i read on amazon and other forums on powerbanks.

will 30w or 45w or 48w usb c power banks with PD work on the c940 

i have got the charmast powerbank with 18w output and i can tell you that doesnt work!

are there any affordable ones that are compatible with the c940 out there?

any advice?

thanks in advance

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,310
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga c940 powerbank requirements

You'll need a power bank that will negotiate for the voltage your computer requires. Not all do that with every brand. I believe the 940 is looking for 20v like most other computers. 18W means it's doing less than 1 amp, which might work if you leave it connected for a whole day and don't turn the machine on. 

I have 4 USB-C AC Adapters. Three 45W and one 65W.  All will charge my 920 (which came with the 65W charger). One of the 3rd party 45W adapters won't charge my 910. That's mostly due to the charger not recognizing the 910 and falling back to 5v. 

For best results, I wouldn't use anything smaller than 45W. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
abshah
Paper Tape
Views: 1,189
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Doctordon!!

so if i look for travel AC adapters then look for 45W atleast. got that one

and if i look for powerbanks that do 20v with 45w output?

anybody with actual purchase and use of amazon or ebay. do post a link. i will do the same if i get any to work on th c940. loving it otherwise. dont really think the batter life is anywhere close to advertised for the HD version but hey wouldnt be the first time i fell for marketing!

Smiley Happy

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,180
Message 4 of 9

There are a few other threads where Community members have posted links to power supplies that work with various Yogas. Since many ARE 20v USB-C PD models, they might be worth a try. You'll need to search around a bit to find those threads or wait until someone with a C940 posts here. 

As for battery life, yeah, that's rarely as advertised, though with a few tricks (the same ones they use in testing), you can get pretty close to that. I can still get 5+ hours out of a 3-year-old 910, which I think is pretty good. That's another reason I don't have a battery-based powerbank. I'm rarely on a flight of 5+ hours where there isn't power available on the plane or I can't plug in somewhere during a layover. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
RobertBr
Paper Tape
Views: 588
Message 5 of 9

Hello,
I bought this Powerbank on Amazon: BatPower PDE 2 P26B USB-C. But charging my Lenovo Yoga C940–14IIL doesn't work although it should according to technical data:

Data of the original charger of Lenovo: 20V & 3,25 A; 15V & 3A; 9V & 2A; 5V & 2A 
Data of BatPower: USB-C output 20V; 15V; 12V; 9V; 5V Max 60W

Does anyone know if there are any other criteria for the compatibility?

Best regards

Robert

liopag2
SCSI Port
Views: 586
Message 6 of 9

I have this one from Best Buy which quick charges all my devices (iPhone, iPad, even Surface Pro 5 with USB-C adapter dongle) and it charges my c940 UHD 14'. It's a 26,800mAh battery pack and it doesn't weigh super too much for it's size, Haven't really tried out how quick or by how much it charges my c940 but you could always give it a try from a local Best Buy and return it if it doesn't match your needs

P.S. it goes on sale for $50 from time to time so eye on it occasionally if you want that drop

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mycharge-razormega-xtreme-26800-mah-portable-charger-for-most-usb-enabl...
abshah
Paper Tape
Views: 431
Message 7 of 9

thanks liopag2

will watch out for it on amazon uk

by the way the one below works well at the right speed as an AC adapter for the c940 and saves me carrying the brick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerIQ-Delivery-Charger-PowerPort/dp/B07ST9VMJ2/ref=pd_aw_sbs_107_1/...

there is a new dual port one out but i have the one above 

amit 

ChisomN
What's DOS?
Views: 267
Message 8 of 9

Hi I have the same power bank and the c940 14 inch laptop and I’m not sure how to plug it in to charge my laptop. Every time I plug it in the power bank takes the charge from my laptop, please help.
Macgyver227
Fanfold Paper
Views: 226
Message 9 of 9

I bought a Lenovo USB-C Laptop Power Bank 14000 mAh through chat at the same time as by c940 15" 2in1 hoping that they would have flagged it if it wasn't compatible.  Does anyone know if it is? It just says "plugged in, not charging".  Please Help.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors