Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phranq
What's DOS?
Views: 2,570
Message 1 of 3

Yoga display turns off after 1 minute

I'm having an annoying problem with my new Yoga related to the display and have not seen any other posts with a similar complaint so perhaps this is a simple fix that I'm just not able to sort out on my own. My display turns off after 1 minute of inactivity. The only means for changing behavior like this that I am aware of is through the Control Panel Power Options. My settings for "turn off the display" are 10 minutes on battery and Never while plugged in (note screen shot attached). Regardless of my settings, the screen turns off after 1 minute. I've changed the settings to multiple configurations and restarted with no change in behavior. Perhaps there's some other settings area, maybe something specific to Lenovo that I'm not aware of (since this is my first Lenovo laptop). Anyone with similar problems or insight?

plan settings.PNG

swinshi
Paper Tape
Views: 2,424
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga display turns off after 1 minute

This may be a Windows 8 issue. I finally fixed this problem by identifying the screen saver as the issue (and I wasn't using a screen saver). Type "lock the computer" into the search box after clicking the search charm, which brings up the screen saver dialog box. Mine was set to 1 minute, though I'd never set it myself. If you can't change it, choose a screen saver and you should be able to do so (and can then switch back to no screen saver). BUT, here's the problem. Other things you install (or settings within things you install) can apparently change and override whatever you type in for the delay time. Try applying your new time and exiting from the dialog box, then open it back up again. I was finding that it kept going back to 1 minute. To reset things so that you can get control again, type "user accounts" into the search box and when the dialog box comes up, choose "Reset Security Policies". Then you can go back to the screen saver dialog and successfully change the delay time. See http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-us/ace4085a-b0ba-4a98-898d-cd92d9e88e13/window... for some detail.

Riyad_Parvez
Paper Tape
Views: 1,209
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga display turns off after 1 minute

Thnx dude...I had the same problem,sometime i got irritate....now happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors