Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David729
Blue Screen Again
Views: 493
Message 1 of 1

Yoga external monitor capabilities

Yoga 730-13IKB, Type 81CT, Windows 10, 64-bit

Before I purchase an expensive external monitor, like HP's Z27 4K monitor, I'd like to find documentation on the Yoga series support for external monitors, and the potential for the laptop to also be charging, all from that single cable.  Most likely, the arrangement would be using a single USB port to a hub that provides HDMI or DP -- can the Yoga deliver 4K (or lesser QHD), at 60Hz?

After about 20 minutes of searching and reading user manuals, 620 integrated graphics reference material, and whether HDR is supported and whether HDCP 2.2 is provided.... sigh.

I'm looking for a document written for an end user that accounts for the inherent capabilities of the integrated graphics chipset and OS, the limitations of the USB 3.0 Type-C interface, and describes what range of resolutions can be driven.  If the UBS hub makes a difference, then at least tackle part of that problem with a paragraph of "what to look for" in a USB hub, or "we've tested with the following," in order to successfully drive (and possibly receive laptop charging) from high resolution external monitors.  Use the HP Z27 4K monitor as an example.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors