11-16-2016

US

7 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga (first gen) squiggly lines on screen

2017-10-26, 20:24 PM

I have a ~4yr old Thinkpad Yoga, first generation.

For a few months now, I've noticed thick (an inch or so) squiggly lines on my screen that looked like lines from fingers or knuckles, so I didn't pay it much mind. But I just tried cleaning with a damp lens cleaning cloth + soft towel, and they won't wipe away like normal fingerprints.

They're also very random, but very evenly distributed across the whole screen, even to the corners. So it doesn't really follow patterns of where my hands touch the screen when I draw on it.

I'm worried this might be an overheating issue, or possibly adhesive showing through? I know the screen has like a matte protection cover over it (from the factory) so I'm wondering if it was applied with a glue or something and I'm seeing that.

I did get the screen replaced about a year ago, due to scratches from the pen it came with.

Anyone else have this issue? My warranty just expired a few months ago, so I'm really upset I waited so long to try cleaning the screen, only to figure out I don't think it's a surface problem. :(

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete