Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thenjtechguru
What's DOS?
Views: 730
Message 1 of 3

Yoga pro 2 having a huge problem with hid sensor or driver

i bought the yoga pro 2 about a week ago. it was working great and then i did a windows update the most recent. the next day it started acting up and it wont go into laptop mode unless i hold it at a 45 degree angle. basically have to put books behind it so it sits at a tilt towards me. when i put it down flat it says its in tablet mode yet it should be laptop. my keyboard doesnt work or mouse. its so frustrating. i uninstalled the hid sensor and it works but the modes (tent, stand, etc) wont work. i even restarted back to the factory settings and it still somehow doesnt work. im very good with computers and i even broke down and called tech support but the guy didnt know anything. 

PhilBerry
Paper Tape
Views: 572
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga pro 2 having a huge problem with hid sensor or driver

I'm have the exact same problem as described.  I have not tried a factory restart but that is what was requested by the technical support rep.  I disabled the HID sensor to use it for now hoping that an update will solve the problem and I don't have to send this thing back.

Have you learned anything new since posting?

thenjtechguru
What's DOS?
Views: 558
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga pro 2 having a huge problem with hid sensor or driver

Factory reset doesn't fix it. Just go return it and get a new one. I tried everything. Lenovo tech support was my last option because usually I fix everything on my own. It's a software failure. Only can be fixed by opening it up and replacing a sensor. Sorry man. At least the good news is that my new yoga is awesome! Haha no issues and it hasn't had any since

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors