Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajryoga
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 1 of 2

Yoga pro 3 1370 Battery not detected

Been having lots of trouble with my Yoga Pro 3, the latest being the battery.  When the power got low the battery icon would turn red and the screen dim to save power, as it always has done.  But then when I connected the power lead, the power indicated would suddenly say 0%.  I recalibrated the battery, but that fix was short-lived.  The 0% was continuous, and I could not change it. 

Looking at various on-line threads, I tried uninstalling Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver, having being assured it would reinstall when i next fired up the laptop.  Still no fix.

So, I just bought a new battery and put it in, fired up the laptop expecting at least a tiny bit of charge.  Nothing.  With the power lead in the laptop fires up ok, but now shows an icon in the taskbar - next to the main lead symbol, a battery symbol crossed-through, with the pop-up caption 'The battery is not used'.  If I open OneKey optimiser, it says no battery is present.

Any ideas what I can try next?

ajryoga
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga pro 3 1370 Battery not detected

Update - I put the old battery back in, same problem, but after messing around with the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery driver (i.e. unhiding it in Device Manager (not sure why it keeps showig as hidden), shutting down and restarting, disconnecting the battery booting up, shutting down, re-connecting the battery and booting-up), suddenly it's showing as charging, and is also recognised by Onekey Optimiser.

Shut-down and restarted, and it's still OK, and I notice the ACPI driver is noo longer hidden.  So I fitted the new battery once again and booted up.  Battery not recognised, and ACPI has become gidden again.  So I put the old battery back in and fired up - all OK again, ACPI no longer hidden.  Something weird going on, or is it just that the new battery is defunct?  (I notice it has 2017 printed on it, although it came boxed and unused.)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors