Options

1 Posts

09-09-2017

US

7 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga pro 3 1370 black screen BUT works on external display AND touch screen is working

2019-10-14, 5:48 AM

Yoga Pro 3 1370 

This is an old laptop that I've had laying around. The battery went dead a few years ago and I chose to upgrade. 

I recently decided to sell it so I purchased a new battery. Everything works perfectly. However, there is a black screen.

No Lenovo logo on boot up.

Cannot get into the BIOS menu and the screen display.

There is absolutely no picture. 

After reading I tried an external display and discovered the laptop works as well as the touch screen. 

I wondered if it was a software issue but when I tried to reset the laptop I receive the following message: "There was an issue resetting your PC. Nothing has been changed."

This happens when I try to rest from the settings, the recovery button, and the advanced startup menu.

I'm sure I could replace the LCD but is it really necessary to do so because the touch screen works?

I'm not an expert by any means so my apologies if any of this sounded ignorant. 

Any advice or suggestions will help!

Thanks in advance. 

Options

10927 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39553 Signins

412257 Page Views

• Views: 412257
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga pro 3 1370 black screen BUT works on external display AND touch screen is working

2019-10-14, 6:43 AM

The touch screen is a separate USB device.  It could be a bad panel, a blown fuse on the motherboard or a bad lid-close sensor.  There is no way for me to know without seeing it.

Rich

To help with forum searches, check this out: https:/forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Using-Browser-Search-to-find-your-answers-in-Lenovo-and-Moto-Community/m-p/5016916

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete