cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PandaTime
Blue Screen Again
Views: 90
Message 1 of 2

Yoga pro 3 1370 black screen BUT works on external display AND touch screen is working

Yoga Pro 3 1370 

This is an old laptop that I've had laying around. The battery went dead a few years ago and I chose to upgrade. 

I recently decided to sell it so I purchased a new battery. Everything works perfectly. However, there is a black screen.

No Lenovo logo on boot up.

Cannot get into the BIOS menu and the screen display.

There is absolutely no picture. 

After reading I tried an external display and discovered the laptop works as well as the touch screen. 

I wondered if it was a software issue but when I tried to reset the laptop I receive the following message: "There was an issue resetting your PC. Nothing has been changed."

This happens when I try to rest from the settings, the recovery button, and the advanced startup menu.

I'm sure I could replace the LCD but is it really necessary to do so because the touch screen works?

I'm not an expert by any means so my apologies if any of this sounded ignorant. 

Any advice or suggestions will help!

Thanks in advance. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 78
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga pro 3 1370 black screen BUT works on external display AND touch screen is working

The touch screen is a separate USB device.  It could be a bad panel, a blown fuse on the motherboard or a bad lid-close sensor.  There is no way for me to know without seeing it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors