Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
here4kids11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,876
Message 1 of 15

Yoga pro 3 FREQUENT Blue Screen of Death

This has been going on for about a year. I have tried many things, run many tests. Drivers are up to date. Lenovo says my hardware is all working properly. Windows tests (can't remember them, but I went in with a command prompt to run them) all come back good. I have restored windows back to as "clean" as I can manage with Lenovo's recovery-it did not seem to reformat the disk as some settings were kept.

So, as often as twice a day, for no reason, the computer freezes and i get a variety of errors. Critical Stop, etc. I will also sometimes get the black screen saying there in no boot found (i restart it and it then finds the boot). The computer restarts and I am all good for a while. 

nothing I try seems to help. I love this laptop and want to figure out what is wrong vs replacing it.

anyone know what I should try next?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,863
Message 2 of 15

Re: Yoga pro 3 FREQUENT Blue Screen of Death

When it blue screens it shoud be writing a MEMORY.DMP file in the C:\Windows folder or a <datetimestamped>.dmp in the C:\Windows\MiniDump folder, so if you could located one of those, .zip it up and post somewhere to be downloaded and viewed such as Dropbox or OneDrive, it would help find out why your system is crashing.

Without seeing the memory.dmp or more details on the BSOD message, there is no way to really tell what is going on.

If you cannot find a memory dump, exporting the event logs might help

Export the Event Logs  (assuming Windows 10)

• Right-click on Start and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) -or- Left-click on Start, type Windows PowerShell and select Windows PowerShell from search results.
  • Type, or highlight and copy, the following commands one at a time into the PowerShell command window and then press ENTER

Note:  A right click in the Powershell Window will paste the commands

get-eventlog -logname System | Export-CSV $Env:userprofile\desktop\SystemEventLog.csv

get-eventlog -logname Application | Export-CSV $Env:userprofile\desktop\ApplicationEventLog.csv

The commands will create two files (SystemEventLog.csv  and ApplicationEventLog.csv) on your desktop.    Append .txt to the end of the filenames of both files (e.g. ApplicationEventLog.csv.txt) and attach the two files to a reply.    

Note:  Adding the .txt to the end of the files is required by the Lenovo Forum.   You can also zip up the files and attach the .zip file if you would prefer as well.

Hopefully the log files will show some errors that will point to the culprit.

Best of luck,

here4kids11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,835
Message 3 of 15

I have no memory.dmp files in my %systemroot% folder, and my minidump file is empty. My settings are set so that I am supposed to be creating a "complete memory dump", yet nothing is saved. Attached are the log files. Thanks for any help you can provide. my computer crashed 5 times while trying to get all this. twice it said the boot was missing,

here4kids11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,834
Message 4 of 15

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,813
Message 5 of 15

I'm no expert by any means, but one thing stuck out to me. Are you running an Android Emulator? If so, this might be worth a look

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
here4kids11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,802
Message 6 of 15

I am not, but i appreciate the try! it's so frustrating. when it works it's the perfect laptop. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,791
Message 7 of 15

That's odd because one of the errors in your event log points to an android emulator.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,777
Message 8 of 15

Sorry for the delay in writing back, but it has been a busy weekend

Looking at your event logs, there is one entry that stands out that occurs right before the system reboot every time.

129WarningReset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.4/27/2018 21:364/27/2018 21:36
129WarningReset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.4/27/2018 21:354/27/2018 21:35

I cannot find any one cause or specific fix, but from scouring the web it could be caused by Power Options, IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) driver problems or hard drive issues among others.     

On restart, there is also an Event ID 153 followed by 4 Even ID 98 reported on volumes 3, 4, 5, 6 (partitions on your HDD) that also points to a problem with the hard drive, so I would suggest as a precaution that you first backup any critical data on your HDD, and then once that is completed, run a Hardware Scan using either Lenovo Solution Center, or Lenvo Vantage.   If the Hard Drive passes the hardware scan, then run Windows CheckDisk utility. 

alternatively you might just run a quick check of the S.M.A.R.T.(Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) Status of your drive, using the wmic command below to see if the drive(s) are reporting any errors themselves.   The command below just does not run any intensive tests that might hasten the demise of a drive already on its way out like the Hardware Scan might, it retrieves the SMART status as either OK (good) or Bad, Caution, or “Unknown (not good).

How to Check SMART status of Drives

• Right-click on Start and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) -or- Left-click on Start, type Windows PowerShell and right click on  Windows PowerShell in the search results and select Run as Administrator.
  • Type:    wmic diskdrive get status    and press Enter

How to Run CheckDisk

• Right-click on Start and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) -or- Left-click on Start, type Windows PowerShell and right click on  Windows PowerShell in the search results and select Run as Administrator.
  • Type:    chkdsk c: /f   and press Enter
  • Type Y to schedule it to run on next restart and then reboot

Again, make sure to backup your important data just in case, and report back on drive errors, or if none are found, that they can be ruled out.

Cheers,

here4kids11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,750
Message 9 of 15

back from a week without internet. running these tests today, i will have the results soon. thanks for some direcion.

here4kids11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,723
Message 10 of 15

ok, i have performed all the suggested tests for my hard drive. i have put the results in the attached file. i cannot see any errors found, but i am not an expert. lol. what should i do next? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors