Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
here4kids11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,476
Message 11 of 15

Re: Yoga pro 3 FREQUENT Blue Screen of Death

ok, even after all tests said the ssd was "fine", the bsod and even worse "no bootable disk found" happened again and again. I decided to replace it. hardest part was finding a new drive. made a bootable usb, then replaced the drive and reinstalled windows. PAINLESS and i'm back and running with a perfect laptop. thanks to all who responded. 

glundby
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,413
Message 12 of 15

Had mine for service for this reason. Came back with new Ssd but without functioning power button and no serial and type designation in bios. Worked fine for half a year but then the errors started again with increasing frequency. Bluescreen out of the blue. Tried restore from early backup image, but this allways failed. 

In the end, full format and install of newest win10 + a few Lenovo drivers. And now, knock wood, it just works fine! 

AlSho
What's DOS?
Views: 2,348
Message 13 of 15

Perhaps, it's a late reply, but I've had the same thing. This happens when the Laptop updates its BIOS and loses the power (most likely the user disconnects it from the charger/docking station). I re-imaged the laptop and re-constructed the HDD, no luck.
The solution for this to place a Service Request with Lenovo and have them to replace the motherboard.

glundby
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,722
Message 14 of 15

The problem has happened again and again. After full format and install of windows it may work for 1/2 a year. Running Linux at the other end of the disk seems unafected!, but in the end the disk is'nt even bootable, and a new format and install is needed. Worse is that the Acronis disk image bakup usually is corrupt as well and will not install. Strongly believe it is a problem with the SSD disk on a low low level because disk test newer shows errors. Logs in Linux however shows a lot of rereads from disk...
here4kids11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,709
Message 15 of 15

glundby-I found an inexpensive ssd on Amazon or eBay-thinking Amazon because I knew I could return it. anyway, that 100% solved my issues. made me wish I did it right away instead of wanting to toss the thing across the room all the time  lol. good luck! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors