Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-06-2013

Monterey

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 121 of 164

Re: Yoga touchscreen not working...

2013-12-06, 7:39 AM

I hadn't had this problem since I upgraded to Windows 8.1 Preview and now I'm on 8.1  since the release date and out of nowhere loss of touch screen came back.  The only thing I did was go and download some drivers from Lenovo's page, most were just updates, but I had lost the "Transitions" software when I upgraded.  I put that back on 2 days ago and here I am experiencing loss of touch screen functionality again. 

I tried several "hard" restarts because that had worked in the past for me, but no joy this time. I have a Microsoft Arc USB Mouse.  After I came here looking for some new and novel answer I read about the mouse thing and so I removed the USB dongle for my mouse before I tried another "Hard" restart and it worked perfectly upon start-up. 

I think there is a relationship between the Transitions software, USB mice and the touch screen problems.

Options

2 Posts

12-10-2013

CA,USA

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 122 of 164

2013-12-10, 2:53 AM
I had same issue and this solution fixed it, Thanks
Options

4 Posts

12-29-2013

USA

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 123 of 164

2013-12-29, 17:02 PM

My touch screen on the Yoga 2 Pro failed to work this morning.  My Yoga pro 2 has

i7, 8gb, 256GB SSD,

Model 20266

Serial #: YB...450 (not included entirely for software security reasons)

I don't have all the other info, but I received it Dec. 20, 2013 and it is only Dec. 30, 2013.  It was standard everything and only Lenovo software/Win 8.1 included with an exception of downloading updates and a Kindle program to read on the PC (which I can't find, thanks for nothing Win8)

The last thing I remeber: it was in sleep mode, woke up ok, then the charm opened unwantedly and I hit escape.  I then entered Bing finance.  I typed in a stock, clicked on 5 year chart to see the price over time, and the touch screen failed to respond to my touch.  I used the mouse to close the screen (top of screen, sweep down) and opened the charms and powered off, all with mouse.

Upon powering up, the touch screen remained unresponsive.  I then did a hard-power off by holding the power button in for about 5 seconds.  Upon power up after that, the touch screen was responsive (i.e. all is well).

Please update me that you are following up on it.

Options

2 Posts

12-10-2013

CA,USA

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 124 of 164

2013-12-30, 0:04 AM

try to disable all non-microsoft services, then reset your computer that should help if the issue is just because of service conflicts if not because your PC is new go wherever you have bought it and ask for support.

to go to service keep windows butoon + R -> type msconfig -> goto Services tab and then uncheck all non-microsoft ones if you have anti virus its ok to keep it running. then reset

Options

2 Posts

01-28-2014

United States

4 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 125 of 164

2014-01-31, 10:53 AM

When mine stopped working I also noticed that although the resolution stayed at max, everything on the desktop (taskbar, icons, etc..) was basically half the original size? 

I performed "shutdown -s" in cmd prompt as mentioned earlier in this thread and it fixed the problem for me. I don't understand why it happened or what it has to do with everything on desktop getting smaller. I didn't noticed any of the USB issues mentioned earlier in my device manager section but during the session before this occured I did plug in a flash drive, which was the first time using the USB port since acquiring this computer.

Options

1 Posts

03-09-2014

Maryland

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 126 of 164

2014-03-09, 23:35 PM

THANK YOU!

I had the same problem and unchecking the power save for the USB Input Device did the trick.

Options

1 Posts

03-21-2014

Duluth, MN

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 127 of 164

2014-03-21, 20:57 PM

I'm exceedingly disillusioned to see that this thread has been going on for two years and people are still dealing with the same problem.

I just got a Yoga 2 11, and it's been working beautifully until last night when the touchscreen died.

I've never used a USB mouse with this. (I've been wanting to, but now I think I'll avoid that). I HAVE used a USB hard drive, but that was only in the first few days, and I've been using it for 19 days now.  I also upgraded to Windows 8.1 during that first week, and installed Microsoft Office (and a few other programs, but that doesn't seem to be the usual issue anyway).

I have changed nothing about the machine in over a week and it worked fine until last night.

Last night is the first time, I believe, that I left it open and running for an extended period of time and it went to sleep. When I work it up again, the touchscreen was no longer working.  I did some search and came across this thread, so I looked in Device Manager, and I had the issue where there is a USB device isn't working properly.  Under the USB section, one of them is listed as an Un-identified Device Descriptor with the message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".  Interestingly, I noticed that in the details of that faulty USB device was an "event" that occurred on the exact date, and roughly the exact time my screen quit working.

Disabling and Enabling it had no effect. Neither did going into any of those settings and unchecking "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

No amount of hard reboots or combinations of hard and soft reboots did anything.

This morning I spent two hours on the phone with Lenovo tech support, during which he:

Installed two different drivers

Installed what looked to be an entirely new touchscreen program

Suggested that upgrading to Windows 8.1 caused the problem (after three weeks? really?)

Did a complete system refresh

Did a complete system RESET

Turned it into a brick for 20 frustrating minutes

Had me do a hard shut down to finally bring it back to life

Pronounced it a hardware issue and told me to take it back to Best Buy

Which is where I'm going tonight. Best Buy is willing to replace it for me even though I'm two days past my return window, which I thought was really nice on the one hand and "**bleep** straight!" on the other.

I'm posting partly to just add information to the thread (and I have lots of details written down if anyone wants them), but partly to see if anyone has had any new experiences, or if any of the early posters solved their issue for good.

I'd like to keep the new one from having the same issue.  (And I'm going to HAVE to connect a USB drive to it, it's the only way I can get my personal files onto it.)

Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 128 of 164

2014-03-22, 0:13 AM

From my experience, the touch screen only experiences this issue when windows fails to load all the drivers properly. If you installed a driver that failed to install properly, the touch screen will be choppy. However, if all drivers run flawlessly, you might not need to change power settings. I too experienced this issue at one point. I don't anymore.

Options

4 Posts

12-29-2013

USA

10 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 129 of 164

2014-03-22, 18:20 PM

I found one easy solution.  My problem with the touchscreen not working started after I installed a new application (Corel Draw) that was compatible with earlier versions of Windows.  The solution was to uninstall it. 

I learned that one should go to add/remove programs and find which ones installed on which date.  By uninstalling the latest and working back, I found the program that interfered with the touchscreen.

The big picture:

One needs to put this in perspective: Windows 8 is an effort to do both desktop and touchscreen applications together.  Sometimes doing the two contradicts its operating software and the glitches appear.  In addition, Windows 8 has stopped adjusting fonts, graphs, etc. to match the various screen resolutions (Yoga 2 is 3600x1900 or so) because there are too many to deal with and its a moving target.  Nothing works easily now.  In short, Windows is a nightmare because it tries to do everything.  The "touchscreen not working" is one of those glitches.  The sensitivity of the Yoga touchpad and the mouse popping up randomly to places (or deleting sentences while writing) is a consequence of it as well.  Yoga 2's keyboard has a poor outlay as well, which leads to more problems during editing (at least for me).  Also, Yoga hasn't put an ability to limit the sensitivity or area of the touchpad (HP has it) and I don't know it well enough to do it myself.

Get ready for more problems or give up and go Win7, Mac, or tablet.  I will not let my college-aged kids get Windows 8 for college.

Options

1 Posts

03-30-2014

Toronto

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 130 of 164

2014-03-30, 19:04 PM

Hi Petersen86! Thank you for the solution you gave.  I was trying so hard to get the touchscreen back to work for 5 hours, by following all the suggestions from this forum, but I still failed until today I read your message.

My problem was that at first the touchscreen stopped working while I am browsing pages of photos.  Well, I rebooted the computer did not work until I restored my PC and it worked again...The following 2 days it was off again.  I tried to reboot/ restore but it said on my PC info:  "no pen or touchscreen input..."

If whoelse has the same problem as I had, please follow Petersen86 's suggestion.  I worked for me! However I did a little bit different.

Go to Device Manager, double click on Display adapters, then right click on Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, and select Update Driver Software.

After finishing updating, restart your computer, touchsreen 's problem is solved.

Good luck!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms